IGNORED

Arca - KiCK i

d-a-m-o

14 minutes ago, Brian Dance said:

Narcissism comes across as pretty lame whoever you are.

You mean 99.9% of pop, rock, hiphop, metal artists? Many electronic music artists too?

yeah i agree! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The press release doesn't use the pronoun he or she once. 

https://bleep.com/release/190325-arca-kick-i

Arca bounces off each of them in different ways, with some adding to her reverie while others help to channel the dark sensuality of her music into some of the most forthright and focussed dance tracks of her career - albeit ones which, in their twisted and dynamic production, remain instantly recognisable as Arca joints.

Arca reaffirms her position as one of the most compelling and innovative producers, sounding stronger than ever on her striking new LP KiCk i.

:cat:

the new track is better than the first track but that ain't saying much. oh well

I think "Time" is pretty alright, but the feel of that track is right up my alley. Couldn't make it through the other one, reminded me too much of some Otto Von Schirach without the intended silliness.

Arca's "Stretch" EPs are really great though.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:16 PM, sisforawesome said:

never forget

Never heard this, sounds good. Only Arca stuff I'd heard was Xen and Mutant, and I preferred the former.

First track in this thread is not for me – totally respect artists putting themselves out there as music is a representation of self. Seems like a re-introduction, and that's fine. It's just doesn't do anything for me, and yes, a bit cringe and definitely too on the nose. "Time" and "@@@@@" sound better. But still, I think I'll explore more of the old stuff before I spend any time with this album.

Edited by sidewinder
  • Like 4

On 5/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Avarik said:

Everything after Xen and &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& fukin sux

I thought mutant was pretty great. It was pretty much just the sounds of xen perfected.

The end of that nonbinary video sums up identity politics these days...somebody's about to blindly yell in your face with no regard for discourse or understanding lol.

It's not easy to do it all: even genius ginger nuts recruited Chris Cunningham and Weirdcore to make a visual aesthetic to match the audio and it's been some of the most memorable shit eva.

The videos Arca is coming up with are awesome. Even though the devil one felt like HIV on a screen, the colors and execution kept me entranced. All of the mechanical performance art and whatnot really does look wicked and groundbreaking in the "nonbinary" video but the choons--sorry to say--seems to lag behind the window dressing. 

Let's have a listen to the whole thing but 99% sure I'll be wishing for an instrumental.

It's leaked. There's glimpses of goodness. Some of it feels like a pop version of Stretch, Mequetrefe is a personal standout. S/t vocals, Bjork and SOPHIE feature on a few tracks. Overall pretty meh though. The impulse to skip to the next track is strong with this one. 

Edited by oldenjon
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldenjon said:

It's leaked. There's glimpses of goodness. Some of it feels like a pop version of Stretch, Mequetrefe is a personal standout. S/t vocals, Bjork and SOPHIE feature on a few tracks. Overall pretty meh though. The impulse to skip to the next track is strong with this one. 

the amount of guest was a red flag for me (I would have been ok with Björk on one track but alas... ) and this time track is really boring, will probably give it a listen, but at this point expectations are low...

Music is decent, but the constant “bitch” makes me want to laugh. 
Agree 100% with @xxx comments on the visuals and the “candy”. 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:03 AM, oldenjon said:

I'll listen when it's actually out. Not expecting much, hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but my expectations are low.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:41 PM, BCM said:

so 2019. being non non binary is the new being non binary.

You mean being binary is the new non binary??? Weird comment. People on this board give off an EXTREMELY old white straight male vibe 

Next what id like to see from arca is an homage to Kraftwerk... a concept album with a Kraftwerk-like style of music themed of course around genders. 
but the theme could be about gender and genderless connectors:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_connectors_and_fasteners

i can already hear it in my head... his voice through a vocoder...

FUTURE BIND...

CONNECT STRAIT

GENDERLESS

ENDLESSSSS

BITCH!

(in background) Endless...endless... Bitch! ...endless...

• Haha 1

You mean being binary is the new non binary??? Weird comment. People on this board give off an EXTREMELY old white straight male vibe 
flol

On 5/23/2020 at 10:28 PM, xxx said:

The end of that nonbinary video sums up identity politics these days...somebody's about to blindly yell in your face with no regard for discourse or understanding lol.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:25 AM, Avarik said:

Everything after Xen and &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& fukin sux

everything after stretch is not for me

Manners is his best track, that ending is epic. stretch was my favorite project of 2012. since then, he seem to have degraded .

Time is a good track though.

Edited by Ayya Khema