• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

video and track is a bit too subtle for me, not sure if there’s a message in here perhaps? would love to know if someone cracks the code as to exactly what this is trying to say. thx

This is what happens when the focus stops being on the music and starts being on the creator. Always focus on the music, not the personality behind it.

Narcissism comes across as pretty lame whoever you are.

Posted Images

I can't get over how terrible these tracks sound. How could anyone like this.

These 4 tracks i heard sound very varied, realy like mequetrefe

very much looking forward to the album and even tough i prefer older arca stuff myself, it's great to see an artist push forward their sound to a new level

• Like 1

I've been meaning to get around to listening to this, Arca had some great singles I liked before this.

i don't hate these singles (though the more latin ones kinda feel a bit too obnoxious for my tastes), but why does this get more ratings than a lot of the other electronic gods on rateyourmusic

7 hours ago, Blir said:

fucking lol that is unbelievably terrible

Still think it was way better than the other singles released, but yea it's still not that good. The albums sucks. Quite a shame.

"Community reputation: good" 

Damn man, 7 year old account too. Sleeper cell pulling a cock-based 9/11

• Burger 1
  • 4 weeks later...

A lot of y'all WATMMers are allergic to pop music, I swear. Arca's been releasing music for almost ten years now, most of it largely experimental; if she wants to try her hand at something more pop friendly (which, let's be real, is still pretty out there for a lot of pop fans who never venture into the iddums), I welcome it. I'm just feeling bummed about having missed the chance to see her play when she was going to come around here in spring due to COVID-19 related postponement

14 hours ago, splesh said:

A lot of y'all WATMMers are allergic to pop music, I swear. Arca's been releasing music for almost ten years now, most of it largely experimental; if she wants to try her hand at something more pop friendly (which, let's be real, is still pretty out there for a lot of pop fans who never venture into the iddums), I welcome it. I'm just feeling bummed about having missed the chance to see her play when she was going to come around here in spring due to COVID-19 related postponement

It's not that I am allergic to pop, it's more that it just sounds like shit

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm enjoying this quite a bit.  Sound design's off the hook as always, although taking side-stage to the vocals, which predictably is putting a lot of the watmm crowd off.  WTF is there a Bjork - Aurora remix in here in a Spanish?  (in the middle of first listen as I type.)  I like that I can't understand any of the lyrics.  Makes the words come across more like synths/textures for me.  I'd deliver food to this fo' sure.  *fires up CD burner*

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 1:55 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm enjoying this quite a bit.  Sound design's off the hook as always, although taking side-stage to the vocals, which predictably is putting a lot of the watmm crowd off.  WTF is there a Bjork - Aurora remix in here in a Spanish?  (in the middle of first listen as I type.)  I like that I can't understand any of the lyrics.  Makes the words come across more like synths/textures for me.  I'd deliver food to this fo' sure.  *fires up CD burner*

The björk collab’s a little limp, but it might grow on me (def feels like maybe a christmas single vibe or something). Most of the rest of the album is really good, love how tight the production is 

• 4 weeks later...