IGNORED

Arca - KiCK i

d-a-m-o

I never actually listened to KiCk i yet, took the opportunity when that came out to visit some other stuff I hadn't gotten around to like the Stretch EPs. Also didn't care for the initial Kick singles I guess. Just happened to listen to &&&&& right now for the first time, that was pleasant. Diving back in to Stretch now. Will get to Kicks eventually but I think I need to revisit older stuff as I was never all that familiar with it, just a few listens each I think.

4 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Didn't know any of this existed until Max Tundra posted about it on IG as he's on the new one. Will be czeching it out.

yeah i think he co-produced the track Rubberneck from KicK iii

I played a bunch of this while chilling with one of my Tinder matches.  She was like "this is like Reggaeton.  I'm not so into that."  So we switched to some Bjork that Arca co-produced, complete with vids where everything looked like mutant vaginas.  That went over much better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

iiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!

Just found out arca did an autechre and just released a quadruple anal penetration of albums ?

To be honest, I was more surprised by how small in scope Kick i was, given how huge all her other albums were...

4 hours ago, scumtron said:

Are there any tracks similar to early Arca? I'll be fine with anything without vocals. 

A lot of trxxx sound like ol arca plz give the albums a spin and most of the vocal stuff is realy lovely frfr

• Like 2

yeah these are awesome

favorite (besides i which kinda holds a special place in my heart at this point) is KicK iii which goes so fucking hard

least favorite is KICK ii, that run from Doña to Araña is excellent, but the rest is pretty good to just ok (Andro is a highlight though, slightly reminds me of r cazt in terms of its mood)

11 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

We on a friggin idm forum and almost nobody dares to talk how awesome these albums are ?

Not even sure what this means. I just played the first part of Kick ii, and it's just not for me. I would really like an instrumental version of some of the tracks. I was a big fan of Xen and Mutant, but I prefer my electronic music without added latin electropop on top. Like "Tiro". I don't understand the lyrics, and Arcas own vocals are annoying as fuck. I see iiiii is listed as ambient/modern classical on RYM. I'll give that a spin.

I had high expectations after @@@@@ but i and ii is not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Oks totally get it that the vocals can be a turn off but it's a cool instrument and she damn plays with it well. I had a hard time listening to em myself the first couple listens of Kick i but they realy grew on me that i can't image the tracks without em on this new stuff ?

Huge fan of the new albums so far, what a drop

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Oks totally get it that the vocals can be a turn off but it's a cool instrument and she damn plays with it well. I had a hard time listening to em myself the first couple listens of Kick i but they realy grew on me that i can't image the tracks without em on this new stuff ?

Huge fan of the new albums so far, what a drop

yea I have been listening alot to prada/rakata despite not enjoying the music alot.. being from Colombia myself is very cool to hear a fresh take on reggaeton even if its not exactly my cup of tea..

big props to arca for doing that.. the vid is smashing 2!

• Like 2