IGNORED

Old VST Nostalgia Thread

Yeah, it's one of the more complicated things from the old Electronic Projects For Musicians book from the 80s, and PAiA has had kits for all of that stuff for ages, but PAiA is kind of in its own parallel universe.

I feel like a hardware Quadrafuzz with the outputs patched to four parallel effects chains would be really good for drum machines, samples and synth pads. Also it probably wouldn't be THAT hard to ad a CV/expression input for the center frequency control.

22 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Ohhh man, mda DubDelay blew my mind back in the day! I still remember the first few times using it in AudioMulch, I thought I had magic powers.

the best vsts make you feel like you have magic powers

I can't find an image of it, but the built in waveshaper plugin in Sound Forge 4 was a big one for me when I first started to be able to run cracked audio software on my dad's P100.  The DirectX version of it wasn't anything special, just some sliders, but the built in one had a fully editable transfer curve for each channel (or stereo linked) with adjustable slew, which was pretty excellent for the time and taught me a lot.

I also might have a licensed, boxed copy of Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror stashed somewhere in my folks' basement, from when they were blowing it out at $20 because it was going to be a standard feature in the next Sound Forge. That was a HUGE one for me for a while, not so much for convolution reverb as for abusing it by loading all kinds of other stuff in as impulses.  It's a completely normal convolution reverb but it was one of the first accessible ways to do it.

16.jpg

Archived