IGNORED

Support Artists on SoundRat

dubstax

Hey WATMM

I listen to a lot of music from small and independent artists. People who just do music for the fun and love of it.

I have always wished there was a simple way for me to show my appreciation for their work and support their projects. Sure I can buy their digital music (which I do!) but I was hoping to support them in a more personal way.

That's why I created SoundRat. On SoundRat anyone can upload their own music and let their fans listen to it without requiring listeners to have an account or pay for something up front. Fans can stand out and support their favorite artists through payments. When sending a payment they can attach a personal message to the artist and supporters get some "perks" such as being able to download songs, leave comments and get access to lyrics. I am planning to continue adding perks to SoundRat like a supporters-only chat room with the artist and more. I am interested for ideas from the community.

Unlike other platforms SoundRat is not made to sell your music but to give fans a way to show their support and interact with the artist.

Let's be upfront about the most important points of the terms and conditions:

- Anyone can upload music for free. No limits.
- Artists own their music. I only need the right to host the music.
- SoundRat takes 6% on all payments. This is used to pay for the servers and is a lot lower than on other music streaming services.

I hope this shameless self promotion is allowed here. I know there are other platforms out there but I wish to offer one new alternative to easily share your music with your fans.

Let me know what you think!

https://soundrat.com/discover

https://soundrat.com/

Archived