IGNORED

Sunn O))) are the greatest band of all time

realthanks

it's true

what are your favourite Sunn O))) releases? i've really been enjoying the Life Metal demos/rehearsals that were released for "Bandcamp day" last week

BWOOOOOO

• Like 3

I’m loving those demos, good stuff for bandcamp day.  My favourite is White 1 though - such a weird mix of heavy riffs, mythology, humour, doom - shouldn’t work but it’s brilliant.  Absolutely love Sunn O)))

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, milkface said:

I'll have to check that out. I'm a massive fan of Life Metal but haven't heard the demos yet.

they were released for one day only - you might have missed your chance... unless you find them in a bush ofc

i'm digging them. but that might be because i love tape saturation and "lo-fi" recordings in general; there's less structure to the tracks and they definitely function more as sketchbooks of ideas rather than stipulated releases. but, i like that immediacy and rawness(?)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Saw them a few weeks before the covid19 lockdown. Mind and ears were blown, one off the most intense gigs i witnessed

As much as I love sunn o))) I would never see them live. Everyone must've been standing there so awkwardly.

As much as I love sunn o))) I would never see them live. Everyone must've been standing there so awkwardly.
Oh man you gotta check em live, their amps are unreal, pure fuckin sonic slaughter that makes your gut rumble and your ears almost pop. You can hardly see anything from all the smoke but i saw a girl pass out and a guy puke. Glad i only consumed just a little joint or i was gonna be slumped aswell. If you like sunn you just HAVE to hear em live, can't recommand em enough
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've spoke about Altar a lot, and I don't wish to sound like a fucking demented parrot.

Altar with Boris is a weird, dark psychedelic classic, Pyroclasts is for me their best album because the drones are heavy as fuck and uncompromising but also strangely uplifting and tinged with sunlight (I'm listening to this right now in honour of this thread ??), then White 2 because Bassaliens sounds like ambient metal from a devil worshipping Cajun band created deep within the bayou while tripping on UFO drugs (something like that, and the album art is wicked). The Black One sounds absurd and a bit of a joke and I wish I could finish it but get to a certain point and think 'yeah whatever I think I'm gonna put me on Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People and the sooner the better'. Don't get the big wank fest over Monoliths and Dimensions.

BWOOOOOOOO ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

Sunn O)))'s great, I really hope I can catch them live sometime, they've eluded me thus far.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Does _Altar_ count?  What about KTL?  No, I suppose not.  I do love Sunn 0))) but I can honestly say I listen to the NWW remixes of 00 Void, along with Altar, more than anything else branded Sunn 0))).  Straight up, I'd have to say Grimmrobe Demos.

• 2 years later...

I have seen them live like 10 years ago and it was one of the most intense experiences I had with musical performances. You could even taste it and I had to leave early because it was just too loud

• Like 1