3. VERMICIDE

4. MECCAMPUTECHTURE

5. ASILOS MAGDALENA

6. VISCERA EYES

7. DAY OF THE BAPHOMETS

8. EL CIERVO VULNERADO

slated for september, artwork by jeff jordan:

mars_volta-amputechture.jpg

can't wait to hear it, but i think the mars volta walks a fine line between being total bollocks and absolutely incredible, i hope they don't cross it with this album.

there's a dvd in the works too

Guest ▓▓▓
from the comatorium:

Amputechture

1. VICARIOUS ATONEMENT

2. TETRAGRAMMATON

3. VERMICIDE

4. MECCAMPUTECHTURE

5. ASILOS MAGDALENA

6. VISCERA EYES

7. DAY OF THE BAPHOMETS

8. EL CIERVO VULNERADO

slated for september, artwork will be done by Jeff Jordan - http://www.jeffjordanart.com

can't wait to hear it, but i think the mars volta walks a fine line between being total bollocks and absolutely incredible, i hope they don't cross it with this album.

there's a dvd in the works too

i hope they do cross the line, for me they have been nothing short of total bollocks so far. absolutely incredible would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cosmonaut

i've been beginning to digest this. the album does a nice job of highlighting each musician's abilities. one of the songs, can't remember which, sounds really industrial-influenced to me, and i think paul hinojos (former at the drive in member who joined the band last year) has had an impact on the sound of the album. cedric's pitch is impossibly high but i don't mind it, i've always liked his voice. some absolutely stunning drumming across the board from mr. theodore. the obligatory single song on here is vermicide, and it's a bit crap, just a small filler like the widow. shame there always seems to have to be one. not a bad effort on the whole though.

• 2 weeks later...

Damnit. I'm leaving for Ireland on the 19th which means I'll either have to fork over twice the cash if I want it, or wait patiently until I get back. I guess that shouldn't be so hard considering I'll be in Ireland... I'm looking forward to this at least as much as I'm looking forward to the new Squarepusher.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Glorious Return of FETALoil

i like atdi but cannot understand why anyone would like this band. oh well. 8572.9125

Guest Wall Bird

I think it was pushed back to Sept. 12th.

That may not be the right date, but it falls into that week. I'm just too lazy to look it up, at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SamWhite!

Eh, nothing beats De-loused, this one I found dissapointing. They wanted to do a whole "normal album" feel. Instead of making it an epic, were all the songs connected. I didn't listen to the whole album, what I heard was ok, but it just didn't strike me much my first listen. I will give another attempt later.

Archived