IGNORED

V/A - Analogical Force remix album (AF030LP)

gated

On 5/10/2020 at 4:05 PM, mause said:

Theres a bleep exclusive for AF030 too, for the collector types out there ?

love what etapp kyle did with daffofillic, the guy brought out so much atmosphere and class

The question is, do I really want to fork out upwards of £40 for a 12 track compilation of varied stuff... no matter how lush they sound and the marbled vinyl looks....

I have been happy to get stuff on vinyl if I think I can shoehorn tracks into a DJ set.... but these do not really fit into the DJ friendly category ?

I gotta think about what the next 6-12 months might have in store... ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

The question is, do I really want to fork out upwards of £40 for a 12 track compilation of varied stuff... no matter how lush they sound and the marbled vinyl looks....

I have been happy to get stuff on vinyl if I think I can shoehorn tracks into a DJ set.... but these do not really fit into the DJ friendly category ?

I gotta think about what the next 6-12 months might have in store... ?

Thats a true point , 40 quid is a big commitment given the current situation..

Hopefully they dont become unobtainable second hand, i dont know how many are being pressed but there should be plenty to keep the second hand prices down knowing serg's attention to demand for af stuff these days!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:57 PM, mause said:

Thats a true point , 40 quid is a big commitment given the current situation..

Hopefully they dont become unobtainable second hand, i dont know how many are being pressed but there should be plenty to keep the second hand prices down knowing serg's attention to demand for af stuff these days!

i don't know either but AF usually seem to press plenty. They don't sell out on Bandcamp for a long while, I've noticed. There are at least 200 (prob 300) of the coloured vinyl, so there will most likely be at least another 300 of the black. I wouldn't worry - I noticed prices on discogs for AF are usually pretty low because they don't artificially limit supply. That said, it's always tricky with running a label with how many to press. Too few and people will complain, too many and you're stuck with stacks of vinyl you can't sell.

Edited by gated
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I understand the costs involved with making these things, and the artists / remixers all want a cut... it just falls into the luxury item category for me right now.

• Like 1

Gonna repeat myself, but ...yeah... still waiting for those digitals. ? 

Internet works better than the postman during a global pandemic. And faster.

And aren't we supposed to move towards a fossil-fuel-free economy? Slabs of oil that need to be transported by land, water or air? Really?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:13 PM, gated said:

i don't know either but AF usually seem to press plenty. They don't sell out on Bandcamp for a long while, I've noticed. There are at least 200 (prob 300) of the coloured vinyl, so there will most likely be at least another 300 of the black. I wouldn't worry - I noticed prices on discogs for AF are usually pretty low because they don't artificially limit supply *cough* FE *cough*. That said, it's always tricky with running a label with how many to press. Too few and people will complain, too many and you're stuck with stacks of vinyl you can't sell.

I dont know numbers for the other AF releases but for ubal there was 250 blue and 250 black which was pretty much bang on the demand. theres no way as many people were gonna buy it compared to something like a BWE release ? and it proved that sergio has a really good eye for pressing the right amount.

and yeah, the AF releases with steep second hand prices will most defo get a repress sometime down the line because AF is about getting good music to good ears not to discogs collection value figures. ?

On 5/12/2020 at 3:32 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Don't get me wrong, I understand the costs involved with making these things, and the artists / remixers all want a cut... it just falls into the luxury item category for me right now.

its not even really a result of the artists/remixes wanting a cut, a triple lp gatefold is phenomenally expensive to get produced, believe me..

im sure there will be enough of these to keep them attainable to second hand buyers (except the bleep exclusive at 200 but good luck getting any bleep exclusive braindance second hand..) so when it does fall into the luxury cat it'll still be available at a (hopefully) respectable form ?

On 5/12/2020 at 3:42 PM, goDel said:

And aren't we supposed to move towards a fossil-fuel-free economy? Slabs of oil that need to be transported by land, water or air? Really?

new idm label idea, only cut music onto paper mache. call it fucked stylus records ?‍♂️

Edited by mause
got the pressing numbers wrong for my own release..big brain manoeuvre ;)
  • Like 2

* mails that Alex dude from Fundamentalist Records as he's always into these kind of "brilliant" ideas *

* fucked fundamentalist records *

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Would buy a Blu-Ray featuring these videos

could be an interesting concept..or  a laserdisc ?

Had this on repeat all weekend, just amazing. It's hard to choose but the Konx-om-pax rmx is my favourite track on here. It sounds like an updated 2020 version of Didgeridoo to me.

Dwaallicht a close second!

Edited by forcefielder
typo

This is a great album. Hangs together very well as an album too, it's really well mastered, the tracks are detailed and superbly produced... honestly I think this will emerge as one of the albums of the year.

• Like 2