IGNORED

I had a manic episode

YangYing

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus. The most sincere bit of advice I can give is that if you're suffering from drug problems or mental health issues then get it firmly implanted in your mind that communicating it on a messageboard, or twitter or any social media platform really is the worst thing you can do. What's the benefit? People who don't know you and have no context mock you because they have no skin in the game. You get to read the shit you posted and cringe about it later, creating a kind of echo chamber in your own mind. I wish people would compartmentalise more, messageboards are a place you drop your thoughts and opinions into, you're not you on the internet. Take some time away.

Lets not blow this out of proportion, pls. Mixl was having a blast. Which was quite understandable, from where he's coming from. That's it really. Shouldn't have started the spamming and all that. Just keep that excess happiness/energy inside. And put it to use in other stuff. Like trax. 

See? All happy ?

9 hours ago, ligma said:

look mixlr, you seem like a sweet guy, with a good heart, but sadly you are [REDACTED] and need to log off. maybe forever, who knows. best of luck guy.

if this comment is against the rules feel free to delete it moderators.

Yeah, I'm banning you for 30 days.

53 minutes ago, dingformung said:

get u dick sucked, tinder can help with that. but keep 1.5m distance

I have a gf :smile:

thanks all for your thoughts (edit: @everyone) 

things are better now 

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

I have a gf :smile:

thanks all for your thoughts (edit: @everyone) 

things are better now 

What about medications?

1 minute ago, xox said:

What about medications?

None recommended by the hospital, the recommendation is just to try and live a normal life

Man the tunes I could make.. but it's probably smarter to use the energy for study to finish my degree or what do you guys think?

I feel like a God - like I could do anything maybe I'll try and think out a scheme of how I could become a millionaire 

There are 3 pathways for mania once it has fully blossomed: hospital, jail or the grave. You have only 1 mission at the moment and that is sleep. See your clinicians, find a few milligrams of Ativan/Xanax/Valium/etc and form plans after you wake up. Listen to WATMM; while you were still playing with Lego Bionicle and watching Digimon, we were already seasoned nutters. 

23 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

None recommended by the hospital, the recommendation is just to try and live a normal life

Man the tunes I could make.. but it's probably smarter to use the energy for study to finish my degree or what do you guys think?

I feel like a God - like I could do anything maybe I'll try and think out a scheme of how I could become a millionaire 

Your psychiatrist is crazy! You seem to be open about it so im asking here openly but you don’t have to talk about it, id say that maybe better to talk to your psychiatrist instead but apparently he’s an idiot! ... unless they don’t have insight into your state of mind and behavior. Has anyone close to you talk to him/them? - THIS IS CRUCIAL for hypomanic/manic states!!! 
Have you ever been manic before? Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or any other diagnosis?

17 minutes ago, xox said:

Your psychiatrist is crazy! You seem to be open about it so im asking here openly but you don’t have to talk about it, id say that maybe better to talk to your psychiatrist instead but apparently he’s an idiot! ... unless they don’t have insight into your state of mind and behavior. Has anyone close to you talk to him/them? - THIS IS CRUCIAL for hypomanic/manic states!!! 
Have you ever been manic before? Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or any other diagnosis?

No to everything, this is my first time. My father had similar symptoms when both his parents died

edit: sadly I can't tell u much about him since we havent had proper contact in a very long time

edit2: Also YES to the first one!! My mother and the psychiatrist are both friends - srry I missread

edit3: I'm currently going off to live with my parents until this subsides (My mother and her husband) or atleast thats the plan

edit4: I only just realized - all of thr mania has manifested into creative a la maximum: take a look at my yt channel 

https://www.youtube.com/user/MIVE0Trance

Only a crazy person would put in this much time into this shit no?

Jesus is so scary to be manic and aware of it at the same time

4 minutes ago, xox said:

You should change your psychiatrist bc he probably can’t be objective regarding your current situation.

The options I have is: contact people on Monday (this is the only time available here in sweden) or call in an emergency 

edit: (the police)

How long have you been awake? Skipping a night or heightened energy isn't necessarily pathological. Because you had something like this once for a day or two doesn't mean you are hypomanic/manic-depressive. Maybe the psychiatrist on site is right and WATMM isn't.

1 minute ago, dingformung said:

How long have you been awake? Skipping a night or heightened energy isn't necessarily pathological. Because you had something like this once for a day or two doesn't mean you are hypomanic/manic-depressive. Maybe the psychiatrist on site is right and WATMM isn't.

I slept 4hrs this morning, I feel in control - but is not absolute control

edit: I know, but is useful to see what prople think

edit2: I am with my mother and stepfather currently

When are we ever fully in control? Maybe there simply was something that emotionally unsettled you or you just randomly had a bit more energy (which is a cool thing, think of what our ancestors had to do to survive in nature, surely there are energy supplies in us that are above what we need in modern everyday life). But don't listen to me or an IDM forum on this

Mate, it’s ok. Fuck Ligma, cunt only crawls out from under his rock to shit stir, human parasite. Cunt would never be as cunty in person & there’s the rub.

Try these between now & Monday, avoid caffeine &  all recreational compounds.

Grounding:

https://www.southernhealth.nhs.uk/_resources/assets/attachment/full/0/34109.pdf

Guided Imagery Body Scan exercises:

https://ggia.berkeley.edu/practice/body_scan_meditation

Affirmations - “I am safe” & “I am enough”. Put some post its or written notes with these on around your room.

Whole world is rocking currently so good self care is part of the solution. Take your time, narrow your days down to mornings, afternoons, evenings & nights segments. Treat each as a single block to manage with meal prep & maybe add a few sit ups to burn your excess energy, cortisol & adrenaline levels down a bit.

Take care.

Archived