IGNORED

Roger Eno and Brian Eno - Mixing Colours (out now)

chenGOD

https://store.deutschegrammophon.com/p10-a157488/roger-eno-amp-brian-eno/

Apologies if this is a duplicate, I couldn't find it using the amazing search function on watmm, and didn't feel like going back more than 10 pages in this forum. Out now on Deutsche Grammophon, which may explain why it was overlooked, but this has some beautiful pieces on it, and it's the first release by them as brothers.

Roger and Brian Eno explore the nature of sound in their first ever duo album, Mixing Colours. Their Deutsche Grammophon debut is a major milestone in their ongoing creative collaboration. The album’s eighteen soundscapes invite listeners to immerse themselves in the infinite space that lies below their surface. Brian Eno observes: “With classical instruments the clarinet represents a little island of sound, the viola another, and the grand piano yet another. Each instrument is a finite set of sonic possibilities, one island in the limitless ocean of all the possible sounds that you could make. What’s happened with electronics is that all the spaces in between those islands are being explored, yielding new sounds that have never previously existed. It has been a huge pleasure for me to explore that ocean with Roger’s unique compositions.”

Also available on virtually all streaming services.

There are videos (7 in total) directed by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers (software guy/musician that helped Eno create Bloom), and of course the Japanese release has a bonus track.

• 2 months later...

Been playing the “Expanded” version of this from Apple Music a bit. Kind of hard to figure out what the deal is… it seems like, there’s a new follow-on EP coming out on vinyl? But also those tracks have been appended to the album? But also the “Expanded” version is _only_ on streaming right now? But also it _will_ be released as a 2xCD in… October? wat

I just want the trax brain

Archived