IGNORED

King Buzzo with Trevor Dunn - Gift of Sacrifice

the awaited follow-up to This Machine Kills Artists, which was the first solo acoustic album from singer/guitarist/song writer of sludge/punk/noise pioneers the melvins, Buzz Osborne. that first acoustic album was excellent, up there with my favorite of buzz's output. his signature vocal style alongside acoustic guitar playing that bears influence from metal and folk, sparingly incorporating effects and multi-tracking, where called for. 

Gift of Sacrifice includes Trevor Dunn on stand-up bass, known for Mr. Bungle, Fantômas, Trevor Dunn's Trio Convulsant, John Zorn projects, and just a ridiculously extensive and high-quality discography with focuses in avant guarde, rock, and new york jazz.   

so i probably don't have to tell you that this is going to be a good album. 

here is the link. releases july 14. (or august 14? conflicting info). cd, vinyl, digital.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well it's out, and it's good. modern jazz punk folk. i hope we continue to see more from dunn and osborne, or them with dale (melvins lite).

been listening to freak puke lately and, somehow, 8 years later, it is getting its hooks in me. dunn with buzz is a great arrangement. 

i also found they did an EP to go along with this new LP. "six pack," buzz with dunn. it has 6 songs. 2 of them are on the LP. https://www.shoxop.com/products/king-buzzo-six-pack-cd

there's also a melvins lite track on the basses loaded album, and 3 melvins lite tracks on Everybody Loves Sausages, so i have a nice buzz/dunn playlist, now ? 

Archived