IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

11 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

My advice to everyone on this forum, once the virus is over, get the fuck out of your little bubbles and explore the world and actually meet some people. 

You spend your lives debating other Americans online, insisting you have a profound, intellectual understanding about humanity, civilization, and conflict. But it's all fucking theoretical and masturbatory. 

Your main focus in discussing international politics is to one-up some other ego on some niche little message board frequented by spotty post-adolescent Americans. 

Your actual understanding of other humans is so impersonal. Peoples' lives, as they try to survive war and terror, are simply concepts for you to debate from the comfort of your couch while munching on a box of Pringles with one hand and casually stroking your dick with the other.  You're not political analysts. You're not on CNN. Stop trying to sound like you are. It's really childish and pathetic. 

This whole thread reeks of 

r/iamverysmart

im pretty bad but my god what is this

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

pearl couscous can suck my fucking dick. not real couscous (it's tiny bits of pasta, so it doesn't even work as pasta), cooks like a mushy mess instead of the nice powdery firmness of real couscous, tastes like nothing and diminishes the flavour of everything else it's cooked with. I just found out it's an Israeli abomination so this goes here. pearl couscous is an equal if not greater crime against humanity than Israel's violent occupation of Palestinian lands, ban this filth.

RIP my man Thu Zaw btw, he was too cosmopolitan for these parts. I should post this shitty pearl couscous recipe in his the recipes thread he necro'd, in memoriam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

pearl couscous can suck my fucking dick. not real couscous (it's tiny bits of pasta, so it doesn't even work as pasta), cooks like a mushy mess instead of the nice powdery firmness of real couscous, tastes like nothing and diminishes the flavour of everything else it's cooked with. I just found out it's an Israeli abomination so this goes here. pearl couscous is an equal if not greater crime against humanity than Israel's violent occupation of Palestinian lands, ban this filth.

RIP my man Thu Zaw btw, he was too cosmopolitan for these parts. I should post this shitty pearl couscous recipe in his the recipes thread he necro'd, in memoriam.

Regular couscous is pasta, too. Just nice and fluffy. Pearl couscous is a rubbery abomination. Unfortunately my wife likes it so we eat it a lot.

they're distinct. they're both wheat-based if that's what you're reducing it to but they come from different kinds of wheat, they're made differently, and they're cooked/used differently. they also produce different effects in the human body, viz. couscous makes me coom pands while pasta makes me shidd pands.

Is couscous a grain? A type of pasta? Yes – and no. Made from the same type of flour as most varieties of pasta are made from, durum wheat semolina, couscous is simply little granules of flour mixed with small amounts of water. Rather than boiling it like pasta, couscous is typically steamed and only takes about five minutes to prepare. It's a staple in many Middle Eastern dishes, but it can also stand in for rice, oats or almost any other grain in a wide variety of cuisines. Since both pasta and couscous are essentially durum wheat semolina, they are very similar nutritionally, but there are a few key differences to note.

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/pasta-contain-fiber-7225.html

Both have similarly laxative effects for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

pretty sure the guy on the israeli side is doing a satire.. or mocking of general held beliefs or something.. you know.. this is like a play to make people think. 

"i'm not a racist.. my gardner is arab" i mean.. c'mon.. is it not obvious?

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ignatius said:

pretty sure the guy on the israeli side is doing a satire.. or mocking of general held beliefs or something.. you know.. this is like a play to make people think. 

"i'm not a racist.. my gardner is arab" i mean.. c'mon.. is it not obvious?

A Rap Song Lays Bare Israel’s Jewish-Arab Fracture — and Goes Viral

A Jew and a Palestinian sling slurs at each other, giving voice to hidden prejudice with the aim of overcoming it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/21/world/middleeast/israel-palestinian-rap-video.html

2 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

the Israeli guy's angle is like they own the place by default... isn't this the crux of the problem?

A while ago there was a clip posted here of the Israeli equivalent of John Oliver.

If that is supposed to be the voice of reason in Israel then just … wow.

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

A while ago there was a clip posted here of the Israeli equivalent of John Oliver.

If that is supposed to be the voice of reason in Israel then just … wow.

yeah, I remember seeing that. It's all manufacturing how public should think about things. Even John Oliver. He can be funny doing it (which part of achieving acceptance in minds of the people), but it's all the same. Teams of anonymous writers behind the talking heads, etc...

• 9 months later...

Recent events have been nothing short of disturbing and sickening

Plus there's the video of Israeli rushing into the apartment building to occupy it whilst people were at her funeral.

• 1 year later...

Militants infiltrate Israel from Gaza as Hamas claims major rocket attack

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/al-aqsa-storm-militants-infiltrate-israel-after-gaza-rockets-10-07-intl-hnk/index.html

lots of pain and death are happening.

"Since this morning, the State of Israel has been at war. Our first goal is first of all to cleanse the area of the enemy forces that have infiltrated and restore security and peace to the towns that were attacked.

The second goal, at the same time, is to exact a huge price from the enemy, also in the Gaza Strip. The third goal is to fortify other arenas so that no one makes the mistake of joining this war.

We are at war, in war you have to keep calm. I call on all citizens of Israel to unite, to achieve our highest goal -- victory in the war.'

that's a quote from Bibi, who is i'm sure very glad to have this distraction from his bullshit. it's all pretty chilling in the brutality implied. 

Edited by auxien

Hate to be pessimistic but this is gonna kick off big time. No way will Israel put up with this. Wouldn't be surprised if Iran get a dose as well, seeing as they're already saying they are well happy with it.

I should add, as I don't really get involved in political discussion, that I am normally pro Palestine, just in case you get the wrong idea.

Edited by beerwolf

Yeah escalation is scary.

Conspiracy senses tingling, how was this even possible? are 'intelligence' agencies a fraud?

Hopefully there's a swift end to this without further death and violence, don't see how it can happen.

This will probably be a blood bath, with Palestinians ending up even worse off than before. There's no way any western countries will dare to support them now.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

some brutal stuff going viral.. stripping a woman's corpse etc.. the common people always lose. extremists are dicks. shit is gonna blow up. israel will retaliate with overwhelming force. 

the whole place has been fucked for so long. so many years of occupation and apartheid and everything else. 

edit: awaiting republican chuds to compare USA southern border to Hammas "invasion".  

also, surreal shit with dudes flying in on powered hang gliders. the r/combatfootage sub has a ton of bonkers/brutal/sad footage already. whooel buildings coming down.. hamas gunmen in isreal opening up on civilians in cars etc.  it's awful.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, droid said:

On the 50th anniversary of Yom Kippur war we have another catastrophic intelligence failure borne from hubris and arrogance, the symbolism is off the charts.

Some of the footage is horrendous, but the last time the residents of Sderot were in the news was when they were cheering on the bombing of Gaza in 2014.

image.thumb.png.9555d038b72b4c9368b5dd29f0ad1fe9.png

it's awful. all of it. there's no humanitarians involved here right? i mean.. it's fucked. hamas apparently attacked a rave in the desert and killed and kidnapped people. there's video going around of a stripped dreadlocked woman dead in a truck being spit on and "god is great" being chanted as is the way this goes. 

difficult not to be cynical about all this. it's all the worst things and conspiracies and armchair strategists will come up with all kinds of shit about why this is happening and did isreal 'let it happen' so they could justify massive force. 

gaza is often referred to as the largest prison on earth. it's going to be further starved of resources, water, food etc and more suffering will pile on top of the advanced munitions being launched to destroy whatever targets deemed necessary by the IDF. 

all of this is offensive. everything about it is unnecessary and vile for 75+ years now it's easy to look back and see it all as done wrongly, poorly, irrationally, unfairly etc. 

i feel bad for everyone in the crosshairs and anyone who wants progress and peace and to be rid of extremists. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2