IGNORED

Stereo/mono Reverb and delay pedal

Polytrix

haha. Yeah, following what I've been through lately I was just like, fuck it. I need some cool shit in my life. 

To be fair it seemed the going rate and there weren't many about.

Plus it actually still worked out cheaper and better than the alternatives....INFLATION! HAHA.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Polytrix said:

haha. Yeah, following what I've been through lately I was just like, fuck it. I need some cool shit in my life. 

To be fair it seemed the going rate and there weren't many about.

I never knew they were that rare otherwise I'd have held onto it but to be fair I never had much chance to use it. No offence though man I think you've been ripped off. £150 is a huge difference from what I paid for mine. Alright it was nearly 10 years ago but still. Anyhow my TR505 I bought for £45 and now I see them going for £150 - 200 so what I do I know lol.

6 hours ago, kakapo said:

Yes they're noisy, but the hum is the main problem I found, should've clarified.

Hum's no good, I've never had any issues with that with the Alesis gear I've used (or really with any rack gear at all) but it's definitely possible bad caps could cause it.

I've also heard of ground loop issues with rack gear because the chassis grounds all get shorted together through the rack. I've never had a problem myself but it makes sense, and I guess it's enough of an issue to keep these things on the market for decades:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IsoTabs--humfrees-rack-isolation-tabs

(or for a couple dollars more you could get 100 shoulder washers, although you'd need two per rack screw so that wouldn't go as far as it sounds)

Archived