IGNORED

grainbastard - come-ins-and-have-some-fun

Sampled some government bloke off the telly, he was going on about some bad trip he had....

So I made some techno, put them together.

i believe I behaved reasonably. (Probably only people from uk will understand ?)

Any comments welcome ?

Banging! Really banging

Is that a bona fide 303 or a simulation? Cuz it sounds great

Also side note the sample really reminds me of Luke Vibert's "London is a country coming down from its trip" ?

Thanks everyone!

The 303 is hardware, a mk1 TT-303 (the one that looks like the Roland)

I recommend them if you need a 303 although the other clones sound good. I would definitely be looking at the Behringer clone due to the price. The TT-303 seems to have a touch more range on the knobs than a real 303, so for example at full resonance the sound is too extreme but back it off and you get the sound you’re looking for. It wasn’t until some time later after buying it I read a report on the DevilFish site where Robin (I think that’s his name) did actual measurements on a unit he had to test and pretty much confirmed what I heard. Interestingly he said he could mod them exactly as he does with the real ones and that one of the things he changes is to give a higher range on certain pots.

I will add that the Roland cloud 303 vsti sounds extremely good too and if you are looking for software.

One final point, I just noticed that when I start typing the word ‘confirmed’ on my iPad, when i get to ‘conf’ the autosuggestion offers me Confield....

How fucking idm is that!!!! ?

Archived