IGNORED

Anyone got a signature from aphex?

Tetracidrone

And there was me thinking some of my sleeves were savagely beaten up, abused, stained, fused with bacteria and drugs and looked like they had been dug up out the garden after a decade. The state of that is very impressive indeed.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:57 PM, Tetracidrone said:

I got some signatures, but I wonder if they make the same signature everywhere especially from squarepusher, if you have any drop some pics.

92198827_144640920405612_3594798854072958976_o.jpg

Dude i met you when you got the mu-ziq one at London Field Day.. at the bandstand!! Sweet AF... hi!! You were waving this around like a looon ?

I met RDJ here in Helsinki in 2000 at Phinland Rephresh with him, Grant Wilson-Claridge and Ovuca playing. Got a few signatures, too (seven, to be exact) - they're consistent, but a consistent mess, there's absolutely nothing that can be identified. I had few glasses of red and a chat with him backstage. All three also came to the afterparty where I was DJing (I was playing Italic Eyeball when RDJ entered, flashed a grin at me), hung around for quite a while, had a few pints and laugh. Nice memories.

- danced beside Rich at Vsnares All Tomorrows Parties 

- bumped into him at same weekend getting weetabix in the morning - loooking rough!

On neither occasion did it occur to me to get his scrawl ?

I got mine in a record order from WarpMart back in the day. I had ordered the AFX/LFO split and there was note that said congratulations you're the first to get your records from WarpMart and he signed it.

Could have been someone in the office taking the piss too but I don't know why they would have done that so I assume it was really Rich writing it.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Tetracidrone said:

I got some signatures, but I wonder if they make the same signature everywhere especially from squarepusher, if you have any drop some pics.

92198827_144640920405612_3594798854072958976_o.jpg

"A [record sleeve], it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your [record sleeve] in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough."

It looks like you did all that and more. It looks like you found a companion for life. The only thing I'm asking myself is if the records are actually inside when the two of you are painting the town red on a Saturday night.

lol, the dude with the white hair isn't rdj, but congrats on getting his signature.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, phudoshin said:

found you!

IMG_0030.thumb.JPG.5559406db9890d258b1455eeb50b10b7.JPGIMG_0039.thumb.JPG.9c93ab63fd47ca70c964607aea5d2e33.JPGIMG_0031.thumb.JPG.eb537ee79b083c23504fc95a1d7c387b.JPG

field.png

oh shit I forgot about those.  You can see the love for braindance in my eyes. Hope we meet again in another party mate cheers from istanbul

Archived