IGNORED

Black Lives Matter

Braintree

21 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

contracts have nothing to do with violence, nobody signs contracts to not commit violence, it's both a social norm and legally banned

If there are no contracts violations of agreements have no definite basis and therefore can't be legally (ideally fairly) persecuted. If you make a deal that someone paints your wall and in return you fix their car and then after they painted your wall you decide to just not fix their car, then what? That person could punch you in the face & make no deals with you anymore and that's it. Stone age. Or you two have a written document with your agreement black on white and bring it to the court who will ideally make a fair decision on how to proceed. It has a lot to do with violence.

29 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

courts are unrelated to contracts apart from that courts enforce contracts, they also do other things

Courts aren't unrelated to contracts in that they decide on how to proceed when there is a disagreement in a case where there is a contract. As for enforcement, that's the executive branch's task, not the judicial branch's.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dingformung said:

If there are no contracts violations of agreements have no definite basis and therefore can't be legally (ideally fairly) persecuted. If you make a deal that someone paints your wall and in return you fix their car and then after they painted your wall you decide to just not fix their car, then what? That person could punch you in the face & make no deals with you anymore and that's it. Stone age. Or you two have a written document with your agreement black on white and bring it to the court who will ideally make a fair decision on how to proceed. It has a lot to do with violence.

Courts aren't unrelated to contracts in that they decide on how to proceed when there is a disagreement in a case where there is a contract. As for enforcement, that's the executive branch's task, not the judicial branch's.

what types of agreements are required if all formerly private property is communally owned?  why are people painting each others' house instead of going to the homebuilding materials repository and painting their own house, or getting someone to paint it for free if they wish to?  why are random people repairing cars in exchange for painting houses, instead of living without a car due to superior public transport, or taking it to the local mechanics guild who fixes it for free, with the knowledge that their labor has already been paid for by the community's collective maintenance of its common means of production?

6 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

what types of agreements are required if all formerly private property is communally owned?  why are people painting each others' house instead of going to the homebuilding materials repository and painting their own house, or getting someone to paint it for free if they wish to?  why are random people repairing cars in exchange for painting houses, instead of living without a car due to superior public transport, or taking it to the local mechanics guild who fixes it for free, with the knowledge that their labor has already been paid for by the community's collective maintenance of its common means of production?

Because humans are assholes as for now. Not all of course, but there is a critical mass that manages to piss into the well.

But at least you are starting to give the context that was missing when you said "abolish contracts"

Edited by dingformung

10 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

why are people painting each others' house instead of going to the homebuilding materials repository and painting their own house, or getting someone to paint it for free if they wish to?

lol you’ve never painted a house have you. 

19 minutes ago, ncrtx said:

Don't want to interrupt anything but did anyone see RA's new policies? https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/3716

They try really hard, it's something. Always considered them to be as much as possible a "woke" site with already a big emphasis on black (Black?) musicians and non-male people etc. The difference with their thinkpieces and end of year lists is kinda in your face from that perspective even... at least compared to most other outlets, but maybe that's the point. They just sound so apologetic while they're THE site of their topic and size that have been pushing that "narrative" for ages, man. Don't know what to think of it...

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

positive discrimination is such a dumb policy imo 

'hey look we hate the fact that people get judged by the color of their skin and such so we had this brilliant idea which consists in judging you not on the criteria of personal merit and competence but precisely by your skin color and such - problem fixed innit' 

Spoiler

b12.jpg

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

lol you’ve never painted a house have you. 

resorting to personal attacks I see

I assume you're referencing the idea that anyone would freely paint a house because it's annoying and not something you'd do for free for fun.  in that case, why should the wage system exist to force people to do it for others? I'm sure you now agree

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

why are random people repairing cars in exchange for painting houses, instead of living without a car due to superior public transport, or taking it to the local mechanics guild who fixes it for free, with the knowledge that their labor has already been paid for by the community's collective maintenance of its common means of production?

i believe this is a message sent from the future by john connor to inform us that the next communist revolution is gonna work and that we should all rejoice for peace and prosperity awaits us this time

18 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

i believe this is a message sent from the future by john connor to inform us that the next communist revolution is gonna work and that we should all rejoice for peace and prosperity awaits us this time

it's called "class struggle" for a reason, not "deciding to make everything good all at once by snapping your fingers"

youll find it's easy to fail when the most powerful empires on earth oppose you by applying realpolitik

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

resorting to personal attacks I see

I assume you're referencing the idea that anyone would freely paint a house because it's annoying and not something you'd do for free for fun.  in that case, why should the wage system exist to force people to do it for others? I'm sure you now agree

Not a personal attack just a comment on lack of experience. Apologies if you took it as an attack. 
It’s not simply that it’s annoying. It takes experience to develop the expertise to paint a house professionally (I did it for a couple of years while I was going to university and was never more than adequate) and to understand what sorts of paint to use, how to sand and prime properly etc. 
In your hypothetical scenario, you’d presumably still want people doing what they can specialize at (otherwise you end up with shoddy work or low quality end product). Nobody is painting houses for free for long enough to gain that specialization. 

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

Not a personal attack just a comment on lack of experience. Apologies if you took it as an attack. 
It’s not simply that it’s annoying. It takes experience to develop the expertise to paint a house professionally (I did it for a couple of years while I was going to university and was never more than adequate) and to understand what sorts of paint to use, how to sand and prime properly etc. 
In your hypothetical scenario, you’d presumably still want people doing what they can specialize at (otherwise you end up with shoddy work or low quality end product). Nobody is painting houses for free for long enough to gain that specialization. 

paint isn't ecologically sustainable anyway, I advocate yurts, teepees, mud homes, and other superior indigenous methods

• Like 1

would you please stay on topic instead of moving goal posts just to out-woke yourself? i too am an advocate for sustainable building practices, it's literally my day job, but this is the BLM thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ignatius said:

the fuck is wrong w/these toothless morons? 

Jesus. They're like fucking zombies.

And this is in Spokane. I've never seen shit like this in the many times I've visited.

1 minute ago, timbre monke said:

Jesus. They're like fucking zombies.

And this is in Spokane. I've never seen shit like this in the many times I've visited.

beginning of summer and i'm guessing tooth loss due to meth use with a nice undercurrent of racism and stupidity. 

really though shit gets a little crazy in summer when the heat starts to bake on people. 

3 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

paint isn't ecologically sustainable anyway, I advocate yurts, teepees, mud homes, and other superior indigenous methods

I advocate for you to go live in one. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

the fuck is wrong w/these toothless morons? 

That is fucking terrifying. I'm honestly impressed with the amount of patience the man has. If I ran over a bunch of rednecks, I would look like a hero, but not him.

@goDel Should we thank Hitler too?

• Like 1

WTF this is actually one of the scariest things I've seen online for some reason. It just has an ominous 'they could pull a gun at any given moment' vibe.

11 hours ago, chenGOD said:

spacer.png