IGNORED

Black Lives Matter

Braintree

Well worth anyone’s time:

https://drugscience.org.uk/podcast/11-policing-drugs-undercover/

Neil Woods comes across as a self acknowledged cunt who did appalling things in the name of the law. His testimony shows that, at least on this side of the pond, reform is a million miles away. The political will isn’t there cuz = Control.

4 hours ago, Gocab said:

Ah shit. Well the internet fooled me yet again

maybe, maybe not, idk. just always extra cautious when someone is telling me exactly what i want to hear.

Edited by auxien
words r hard

Just now, beer badger said:

So there's going to no police force in parts of America anymore? Or am I tripping? 

Hahah, enjoy ?

Was police ever needed in America?

You can have something like this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shomrim_(neighborhood_watch_group)

Then again:

Some Shomrim members in the United States have been convicted of assaults and misdemeanors against people from outside their community, particularly African-Americans.” 

lol really no hope

Edited by xox

8 minutes ago, xox said:

Was police ever needed in America?

Have you ever been to a bad neighborhood in America?

Just now, Candiru said:

I was being sarcastic! Sorry... thought it was obvious. ?

So, no and I’m not planning to.

The sarcasm is good! It means you still have a functioning brain. People are losing their fucking minds in here. 

3 hours ago, beer badger said:

So there's going to no police force in parts of America anymore? Or am I tripping? 

Defunding doesn't mean we won't have police anymore. Read these.

18 hours ago, Braintree said:

The answer to police violence is not 'reform'. It's defunding. Here's why

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/31/the-answer-to-police-violence-is-not-reform-its-defunding-heres-why

And here's another one from NPR that's interesting.

How Much Do We Need The Police?

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2020/06/03/457251670/how-much-do-we-need-the-police

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How are cops going to fix bad neighbourhoods though? How did they even become bad if cops were there?

Could it be that it has other underlying problems than lack of policing?

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rhmilo said:
12 hours ago, Candiru said:

Have you?

I have!

13 minutes ago, Gocab said:

How are cops going to fix bad neighbourhoods though? How did they even become bad if cops were there?

Could it be that it has other underlying problems than lack of policing?

Systemic problems of inequality / race completely entwined with police issues. Same thing. 

Edited by bendish

There actually aren’t many cops going around killing people in bad neighborhoods in America. It’s mostly non-cops killing eachother in much, much greater numbers. Which makes me wonder why we are focusing on this one little drop in the bucket, since the concern here is, as you say, black lives. 

30 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Yes. Have you?

No, not a truly bad one. Never got further than Bedford-Stuyvesant - in 2018, and the first signs of gentrification were already apparent (for one, we had an AirBnB there :lol:). Only bad thing about it was that people looked really, really poor and there were fuck-all places to eat. I also found it very surprising that each and every corner store was  owned by people of South Asian descent. Not a single black-owned business in sight, though everyone on the streets was black..

Lots and lots of police sirens at night, though. Though I suspect that's just because American cops like to show off.

But since you have been to a truly bad American neighborhood: what's that like? Gunfights on every street corner? Throngs of homeless people under every overpass? Or is that just in movies?

I've been reading up on this fella. He wasn't the archangel Gabriel was he? I don't know what a home invasion is but I'm guessing it's hardly a couple of gentlemen force their way into your home, brew you a pot of tea and force you to eat a big, big slice of Victoria sponge.

Edited by beer badger
  • Haha 1

Racism is cancelled guys, the murder victim was a crook.

• Thanks 1