IGNORED

Melted_Self - Spectral Disorder (GL4ND006)

Stick_Tape_Insert_Front-2_panel.jpg

This first sentence usually states very clearly the details of what exactly is being announced. In this case, it is an album. It is beneficial to also state the date that the album is being released. At this point, the writer should provide some context around the release (if it is a debut or a follow-up for example), whilst also using exciting and provocative language to generate interest from potential listeners.

In this second paragraph, one should now further elaborate on the description of the music itself. It is best to use words that when understood by the reader provide them an insight into the experience of listening to the music itself; rather than reading words about the music as they would be currently doing. After this has occurred, it is best practice to provide a small backstory or update on the artist or writer so that when people are listening to the music; they can imagine a person that made the music as well if they wish.

In this third paragraph, there really is nothing else much to say but it still always exists. Usually, the points made within the first two paragraphs will be paraphrased and sequenced in different orders; with sentences becoming more verbose and descriptions verging on what some might consider 'self indulgent'. This happens for about 100 words and then it stops.

Then; there is a closing paragraph and when the closing paragraph finishes there are no more words that follow.

• hello spiral changed the title to Melted_Self - Spectral Disorder (GL4ND006)
18 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

This album is the primary output that was made using the setup that ONE.LINE (released earlier this year) was made with. The tracks for both albums were made concurrently; with the ONE.LINE tracks originally intended to serve as 'intermission' tracks to the larger pieces found on Spectral Disorder. Originally planned as a double LP; as the tracks were produced the ONE.LINE material started to take on a life its own and the Spectral Disorder tracks grew more complex making their co-existence within a singular release untenable.

Six tracks @ 64 mins

1st track below; different master to what is being released now tho

Sounds super lush! You should find a proper label

Holy shit this is good!! I nabbed one.

I can see how the classic break demolishing shares it’s roots with ONE.LINE, but the gradual deconstructions here seem even more intricately drawn out in their destructive iterations. The variations on each theme are multi-angled and evolving yet there is a logical progression happening as well. It can be hard to take it all in at first, so many listens will be required. 

17 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Thanks Rhmilo. Fair bit of A4 in this one as well; i imagine you'll hear that as you listen ?

It sounds NOTHING like the stuff that comes out of my A4 :lol:

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

Can send you one of the .syx files if you're interested in having a look sometime;

Wow ... very kind of you!

No rush, of course ?

12 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

The track DUAL SKY PEARLS featured in this month's broadcast from the very cool label, Conditional. Stoked to have had the track played among some great music.

The Synalegg track at the very end is v nice.

That track easily can stand with the rest of Conditional’s output. Time for a release with them!

I've listened to this a few times now, and I love it. Got a long drive tomorrow and it's gonna get another spin. Favorite track so far is a tie between LIKE DAISIES and DUAL SKY PEARLS;every track on the album is awesome though.

One can tell that a lot of time, effort and craftsmanship went into the nuances, details, spatial balance, and mix/production. It's a dense album, but in a good way. Well done man.

Nice just getting on board with this, a few listens in and loving it - to late to the party to bag a tape so digitals for me. My Saturday soundtrack sorted 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived