Jump to content

Melted_Self - Spectral Disorder (GL4ND006)


Recommended Posts

 

Stick_Tape_Insert_Front-2_panel.jpg

 

Quote

This first sentence usually states very clearly the details of what exactly is being announced. In this case, it is an album. It is beneficial to also state the date that the album is being released. At this point, the writer should provide some context around the release (if it is a debut or a follow-up for example), whilst also using exciting and provocative language to generate interest from potential listeners.

In this second paragraph, one should now further elaborate on the description of the music itself. It is best to use words that when understood by the reader provide them an insight into the experience of listening to the music itself; rather than reading words about the music as they would be currently doing. After this has occurred, it is best practice to provide a small backstory or update on the artist or writer so that when people are listening to the music; they can imagine a person that made the music as well if they wish.

In this third paragraph, there really is nothing else much to say but it still always exists. Usually, the points made within the first two paragraphs will be paraphrased and sequenced in different orders; with sentences becoming more verbose and descriptions verging on what some might consider 'self indulgent'. This happens for about 100 words and then it stops.

Then; there is a closing paragraph and when the closing paragraph finishes there are no more words that follow.

 

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 7
  • Burger 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • hello spiral changed the title to Melted_Self - Spectral Disorder (GL4ND006)

Hype. Been waiting to hear this release since I first heard about it a few months back. 
 

Super-nice artwork too Spi. Instabuy ready and waiting...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This album is the primary output that was made using the setup that ONE.LINE (released earlier this year) was made with. The tracks for both albums were made concurrently; with the ONE.LINE tracks originally intended to serve as 'intermission' tracks to the larger pieces found on Spectral Disorder. Originally planned as a double LP; as the tracks were produced the ONE.LINE material started to take on a life its own and the Spectral Disorder tracks grew more complex making their co-existence within a singular release untenable.

Six tracks @ 64 mins

1st track below; different master to what is being released now tho

 

Edited by Stickfigger
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

This album is the primary output that was made using the setup that ONE.LINE (released earlier this year) was made with. The tracks for both albums were made concurrently; with the ONE.LINE tracks originally intended to serve as 'intermission' tracks to the larger pieces found on Spectral Disorder. Originally planned as a double LP; as the tracks were produced the ONE.LINE material started to take on a life its own and the Spectral Disorder tracks grew more complex making their co-existence within a singular release untenable.

Six tracks @ 64 mins

1st track below; different master to what is being released now tho

 

Sounds super lush! You should find a proper label

Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit this is good!! I nabbed one.

I can see how the classic break demolishing shares it’s roots with ONE.LINE, but the gradual deconstructions here seem even more intricately drawn out in their destructive iterations. The variations on each theme are multi-angled and evolving yet there is a logical progression happening as well. It can be hard to take it all in at first, so many listens will be required. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the support everyone! @eczem @Extralife @prdctvsm @andrd and obviously anyone else who has purchased it so far. The launch happened when i was asleep so i was surprised to see that they had all gone by the time i woke up.

10 hours ago, webby said:

Holy shit this is good!! I nabbed one.

I can see how the classic break demolishing shares it’s roots with ONE.LINE, but the gradual deconstructions here seem even more intricately drawn out in their destructive iterations. The variations on each theme are multi-angled and evolving yet there is a logical progression happening as well. It can be hard to take it all in at first, so many listens will be required. 

 

 

Thanks! Glad you're liking it so far. Yeah its a little harder to digest than the other stuff i put out earlier in the year but hopefully there's enough there to reward repeated listens.

9 hours ago, Extralife said:

Dual Sky Pearls - holy hell what a track. Hoping this release brings you some more attention, Stick. 

Thanks man; that track almost got ditched for this release so nice to hear that you enjoyed it. 

Edited by Stickfigger
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Thanks Rhmilo. Fair bit of A4 in this one as well; i imagine you'll hear that as you listen 🙂

It sounds NOTHING like the stuff that comes out of my A4 :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 6:45 AM, rhmilo said:

It sounds NOTHING like the stuff that comes out of my A4 :lol:

Can send you one of the .syx files if you're interested in having a look sometime;

 

On 6/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, Sam Schofield said:

i like it

Thanks! I realise it asks a lot 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

Can send you one of the .syx files if you're interested in having a look sometime;

Wow ... very kind of you!

No rush, of course 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

The track DUAL SKY PEARLS featured in this month's broadcast from the very cool label, Conditional. Stoked to have had the track played among some great music.

The Synalegg track at the very end is v nice.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...