IGNORED

ICE creating gas chambers for undocumented immigrants

zlemflolia

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

a)joking, b) relax (seriously, you're going to do some damage to your mental health) and c) why should I be opposed to 5G?

what mental health

and you should be opposed to 5G because it allows much higher bandwidth continual upload of data streams.  what kind? mostly video and sound.  what is then being done with this high resolution content? machine learning to enforce an even deeper surveillance state

4g surveillance state = bad

5g surveillance state = EXTRA BAD because it's higher bandwidth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

"vote for moderates or else we'll kill you all" -bourgeoisie

Don't want to respond to everything you wrote as it's mostly unfalsiable anyway, but this ... is beyond stupid. The bourgeoisie didn't do the killing, Nazis did.

I noticed a general trend in the things you post, such as the title of this thread, that you seem to be place everything that is in some way reprehensible in the same category, namely that of being extremely, stupefyingly viciously evil.

There is a difference between the conservative bourgeoisie and nazis in that the former maintain law and order by oppressing people and the latter, you know, by waging war and setting fire to buildings with lots of children in them.

Just like there is a difference between spraying people with gas to disinfect them and hurting them in the process on the one hand and on the other spraying people with poison gas because it's a more efficient way of killing large numbers of people than shooting them one by one.

Your extremist shitposting is seriously detrimental to the cause you're advocating. If you were a false flag right wing activist, you couldn't discredit it any better.

2 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Don't want to respond to everything you wrote as it's mostly unfalsiable anyway, but this ... is beyond stupid. The bourgeoisie didn't do the killing, Nazis did.

I noticed a general trend in the things you post, such as the title of this thread, that you seem to be place everything that is in some way reprehensible in the same category, namely that of being extremely, stupefyingly viciously evil.

There is a difference between the conservative bourgeoisie and nazis in that the former maintain law and order by oppressing people and the latter, you know, by waging war and setting fire to buildings with lots of children in them.

Just like there is a difference between spraying people with gas to disinfect them and hurting them in the process on the one hand and on the other spraying people with poison gas because it's a more efficient way of killing large numbers of people than shooting them one by one.

Your extremist shitposting is seriously detrimental to the cause you're advocating. If you were a false flag right wing activist, you couldn't discredit it any better.

seems like you actually didn't read any of my post, I have no idea what you're even replying to.  and things can be similar in quality and quantity.  treating undocumented immigrants by putting them in cages and spraying them with dense amounts of disinfectant is similar in quality to what the nazis did, though it differs in quantity.  this is pretty clear

2 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

haha holy shit

unless the letter comes with $50k in campaign contributions alongside it this will not do shit

This is absolutely not true. I'm talking about your city councilor. The average salary for a city councilor in your city is like $900 a month. The mayor makes $1,000 a month. These are not high rolling 1%ers.

I'm telling you, if you write a well thought out letter that is not abusive, will not waste the councilor's time, makes an actual argument about an issue, you will get a reply. If you get enough people to write similar letters, you will create incentive to act on the issue.

27 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

treating undocumented immigrants by putting them in cages and spraying them with dense amounts of disinfectant is similar in quality to what the nazis did

Imagine thinking that this is of similar quality to this.

You know how they found out? The immigrants called a detainee hotline, set up for them.

It's a shitty, inhumane thing that they're doing, but it is in no way at all comparable to the systematic murder of 60% of the Jews in Europe.

Does it need to stop? Of course it does, they need to be treated with dignity and respect while they are being processed. But man it's like rhmilo said - when you exaggerate and use hyperbole you discredit any of the good stuff you bring up. It makes it easy to ignore. You know back in the day when you were talking about the issue of male rape? That's an important issue, and it should be discussed seriously. What do people remember? Your post about women stealing sperm.

You see the point?

42 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Imagine thinking that this is of similar quality to this.

You know how they found out? The immigrants called a detainee hotline, set up for them.

It's a shitty, inhumane thing that they're doing, but it is in no way at all comparable to the systematic murder of 60% of the Jews in Europe.

Does it need to stop? Of course it does, they need to be treated with dignity and respect while they are being processed. But man it's like rhmilo said - when you exaggerate and use hyperbole you discredit any of the good stuff you bring up. It makes it easy to ignore. You know back in the day when you were talking about the issue of male rape? That's an important issue, and it should be discussed seriously. What do people remember? Your post about women stealing sperm.

You see the point?

This is a great issue you've brought up - that of cognitive biases in the typical human perception.  If people were to look plainly at each issue rather than convert words into social games they play, the resultant quality of future words would be higher.  Your last example is a plain as day insufficiency of the human psychology

On 6/8/2020 at 4:40 AM, cyanobacteria said:

I'm not allowed to change my username?  Why are you asking an amorphous crowd of people rather than asking me?  And I don't know anyone who's annoyed at me, I'm not sure why anyone would care enough about this website to get annoyed at me over something I've posted here.  I think you should speak for yourself

you'll always be zeff to me:mu-ziq:

2 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

This is a great issue you've brought up - that of cognitive biases in the typical human perception.  If people were to look plainly at each issue rather than convert words into social games they play, the resultant quality of future words would be higher.  Your last example is a plain as day insufficiency of the human psychology

Ah, the old “if people don’t understand something I say it is because they are stupid, not because my methods of explaining something are at fault” defense.

5 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

If people were to look plainly at each issue rather than convert words into social games they play

You mean like not using misleading headlines or false comparisons?

14 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Guess which revolution brought about the biggest change (away from authoritarianism/fascism) in human history? Here’s a hint - Ben Kingsley won an academy award for portraying the leader in a movie. 

Was it the industrial revolution and did he play the steam engine? :dadjoke:

340?cb=20161111133115&path-prefix=de

Ooof kill me now

42 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Was it the industrial revolution and did he play the steam engine? :dadjoke:

340?cb=20161111133115&path-prefix=de

Ooof kill me now

You forgot the context part...;)

I would love to see Ben Kingsley play a steam engine, if it makes you feel better. He'd do a bang-up job. Choo-choo motherfucker!

Archived