IGNORED

The Ignoramus Thread

IDEM

I only remember the everlasting marriage and the Russian roulette tbh. Haven't seen it since I was a teen though.

The Deerhunter is worth watching once. For me it has zero replay value, apart from the hunting scene with the music when yes! you guessed it he shoots a deer! There are epic stretches of tedium with that film which is worth it once. And once only. Godfather films are also a epic snoozefest imo. 

The Thing on the other hand is genius!!

I don't think I've ever seen Scarface. It seems like I should have at some point, but if I did, I have no memory of it. I think I didn' though.

I haven't seen Rashomon.  My reason is I am going to watch it this weekend.  Also I haven't seen Citizen Kane or Alexander Nevsky or Harakiri.

I've never read Macbeth, Romeo & Juliet, Othello, King Lear, The Canterbury Tales, Paradise Lost, Middlemarch, The Recognitions, or Moby Dick.  These are all works that I would like to read but simply haven't yet.  I also haven't read 100 Years of Solitude, Don Quixote, Zauberberg, or most Kafka works because these are all works that I would prefer to read in their original languages but I'm also not quite skilled enough in those languages to read the works yet.  So I just don't read them at all due to my own stubbornness.

I never realized until last week that to stan for someone meant to be a huge fan and came from the Eminem song of the same name. 
it seems fucking weird to me cause the dude drives his car off a bridge with his pregnant girlfriend in his trunk. 

On 6/10/2020 at 2:37 AM, Roo said:

I've never felt the urge to perve on anyone (I guess I should work in abuse-prone environments)

What does this mean though? All sexual encounters involve a low-key "perve". How else are events gonna take flight? I don't mean Weinsteining it up but like your target gal is receptive and you say "those jeans look great!" Both parties know you're saying that her ass, thighs and perhaps camel toe look good enough to eat and that's "pervy" but not....pervy

On 6/14/2020 at 5:36 AM, xxx said:

What does this mean though? All sexual encounters involve a low-key "perve". How else are events gonna take flight? I don't mean Weinsteining it up but like your target gal is receptive and you say "those jeans look great!" Both parties know you're saying that her ass, thighs and perhaps camel toe look good enough to eat and that's "pervy" but not....pervy

I've read Buddenbrooks, but gave up halfway through The Magic Mountain.

I've read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Dubliners, but never Ulysses.

I've read The New Inquisition, but never Illuminatus!.

I've read A Theory of Semiotics (partly), but never Foucault's Pendulum.

Archived