IGNORED

Aphex Twin Pancake Lizard Cover.

glomewav

I initially had some of the patches in this song as placeholders while I did my best to tabulate the midi notes for this and kinda tweaked from there. The original must have some microtuning because I could not be bothered to tune into the notes precisely. I may take another pass at it with some orchestral style patches.

Made with a Boog for bass, SH-01a for the violin stuff, JP-08 for the tape machine pads, and Volca Bass through a bunch of FX for possibly the most annoying part of the song sound wise. Sequenced and beats with an MC-707. Master track was also sent to a tape machine for the wobble.

I rarely post in these sub-forums (I don't make music, I cycle or fish when I'm not listening)  but Pancake Lizard is one of my favourite odd-ball Aphex Tracks and well I saw Pancake Lizard highlighted so I clicked on it! (It's also late and I'm on a decent red)

It sounds as though John Cale turned up in the first section and put some (woozy) VU violin drones down, and then John Carpenter turned up in the last bit and put his spooky synth drones over that. Which all in all sounds quite fantastic. I played it 4 times. The last minute is really good, the change of pace is excellent.

Nice. As is the wine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived