IGNORED

Shackleton & Zimpel - Primal Forms

looking forward to this one! shackleton is really at it right now, all his recent collaborative stuff was quite brilliant imho

preview track here at the quietus

Boomkat Product Review:

Written and produced by Sam Shackleton and Waclaw Zimpel. Electronics, sequencing, and programming by Sam Shackleton. Alto clarinet, violin, harmonium, e-piano, organ, frame drum, percussions, lira, and monochord by Waclaw Zimpel

"Sam Shackleton, returning to Cosmo Rhythmatic after his outing on the label as Tunes of Negation, and Polish clarinetist/multi-instrumentalist Wacław Zimpel have joined forces for this debut collaborative release.

Both artists boast a track record of successful collaborative projects, the two have united after being introduced by mutual friends, in wake of a shared interest in minimalism and a broad set of influences rooted in different musical traditions. Joining Zimpel’s demanding multi-layered experience in avantgarde jazz with Shackleton’s mathematical, esoteric lyricism, the pair have used all the tools at their disposal, aiming at a new form of ritual trance music. This fierce fusion of styles brings out the very best in each other, showing unique clarity and force."

https://boomkat.com/products/primal-forms

• 1 month later...

.. continuing his stellar run of collaborations.

This time the absence of singing and subdued use of wind instruments lends a film noir-ish quality to the usual nag champa infused hand drum excursions. Three thumbs up.

• 2 weeks later...

What a delicious treat for the ears! Just the perfect slice of sunday morning psychedelia ?

Thank you Mr Shackleton and Mr Zimpel ?

Time to retreat into the earthy hollow below the olde tree and start licking them toads' backs ?

All you dudes who post on that marajuwarna thread need to wrap your ears around this Sonic Mofo asap

I guess if you’re in space cadet mode on the herb, I don't mind and I will do the hard work for you, here you go......

To The Right Honourable Lords Of The Magic Herb Of The Realm Of We Are The Music Makers I Here By Present To You The Sonic Motherfucking New Album By Shackleton And Zimpel

(I am on The Magic Apple Juice)

Archived