IGNORED

Ital Tek - Dream Boundary - 7th August

Pirtek

'Dream Boundary' follows up Ital Tek's recent album 'Outland' with this short suite of tracks that were made during the same period but seemed to fall outside that album's remit.

On this EP things are less calm, more fiercely hallucinated. Contrasts are turned up and everything is covered in a layer of grime. Silence is used with sometimes disorientating aggression, riding across heavy drums, melodies tumbling, forced out of the near collapse.
releases August 7, 2020

https://italtek.bandcamp.com/album/dream-boundary

• Like 2

Alan pls

Preview track is heavy. One minute its dark and brooding, then the next some beautiful icicle melodies shimmer in and the balance is restored.  Powerful use of pauses contrasted with pressured bass.  It hurts so much I feel like I am in a boomkat bio.  Thanks.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This also sounds lush.  I reckon together with the Outland album this will become a killer playlist.

Also, iTAL tEK has done an xlr8r podcast but its currently behind a paywall

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Ital Tek - Dream Boundary - 7th August
  • 3 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 9:56 PM, sherkaner said:

I kept having to double check that I wasn't listening to a new Lorn EP. (This is a good thing.)

First time listening to this and this certainly rings true, LORN heads will love this. It really is a great back-to-back EP that fits nicely into these frozen mornings we're beginning to have in England.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

I agree on the LORN comparison. Has that huge cinematic sound about it, but still understated and reigned in.  Somehow.

Thank you for mentioning Lorn, hadn't come across his work before.

Edited by dcom
  • Farnsworth 1