IGNORED

Whitehouse

d-a-m-o

whitehouse are great, few projects set my brain on fire as effectively

most people will point you towards their "digital era", in particular Bird Seed as a starting point, but i much prefer Cruise.

to be honest, the 2016 compilation The Sound Of Being Alive is probably your best starting point, containing all """"the hits"""" (gag). but it will certainly give you a crash course in what the boys are about, and, you get all the best cuts of the Peter Sotos era releases like Mummy And Daddy without his exploitation sample collage tracks, that i'm not really a fan of. 

it depends on your taste, man. if you like old-world industrial then go through their discography chronologically starting with Birthdeath Experience. that would be edifying for sure.

• Thanks 1

I can take or leave them. Some of it’s pretentious bs, but others are transcendental, bit like a noisier, more abrasive, dissonant H3O (with clear & obv differences).

Put some of these tracks links up in the Noise thread before, but that’s a lot of hunting for a Sunday to repost.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it nasty old Peter Sotos back to the left? I listened to Whitehouse a few years ago, because I somehow felt I had to learn more about/explore power electronics, but I just found it more unpleasant than exciting in any way. Also, those track titles...

I can dig Steven Stapeltons projects, but that's about it. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Is it nasty old Peter Sotos back to the left? I listened to Whitehouse a few years ago, because I somehow felt I had to learn more about/explore power electronics, but I just found it more unpleasant than exciting in any way. Also, those track titles...

I can dig Steven Stapeltons projects, but that's about it. 

yes that's Sotos.

• 2 years later...
On 7/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, d-a-m-o said:

Any Whitehouse fans in here ? Where do I start in the discography ? could you recommend some albums please ?

This comp has all their best and most well known tunes in one convenient package

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drillkicker said:

This comp has all their best and most well known tunes in one convenient package

don't forget this one which was their first comp which has, unfortunately, remained pretty difficult to track down

and cruise is now on digital