IGNORED

Votel, Canty & Shipton - Popular Mechanics 4

fumi

Popular-Mechanics_Distribution_Template.

Boomkat:

Limited to 100 copies.

Volume 4 is perhaps the most unsettling and uncanny in the series so far, mirroring the latter stages of The Caretaker’s ‘Everywhere At The End Of Time’ series with what sounds like a trace echo of disembodied choral voices floating in and out of field recordings and found sounds coalescing in ghostly formation.

As per usual, we’re not gonna attempt to guess any of the included material, except to say that to us it sounds like deepest drone, concrète and sound art deployed at an almost imperceptible BPM, with diffused obscurities merging into foley, industrial and phantasmagoric atmospheres and the kind of multi-layered chicanery this lot have become so effortlessly good at piecing together.

I finally received my tape today. Sounds fantastic. Best in the series so far - the Caretaker reference is spot-on.

It sold out on Boomkat within two hours but Sean Canty has one for a reasonable price on Discogs.

thanks for the rec. i saw votel mention it on his ig and was contemplating hitting him up in the dm's for a copy- but i might wait. i've been too busy coping library records

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 6:44 PM, Nebraska said:

thanks for the rec. i saw votel mention it on his ig and was contemplating hitting him up in the dm's for a copy- but i might wait. i've been too busy coping library records

You should get this. Haunting and unsettling stuff.

Archived