IGNORED

Machinedrum - A View Of U

thumbass

29 minutes ago, zero said:

interesting perspective. I think most people would regard his early stuff not as rooms/vapor, but the merck albums. 

Yep, I went back and listened to these recently and overall they didn't age well, but some tracks did have some magic. It's too bad Merck's mainstay IDM-ified b-boy aesthetic got kind of run into the ground by bro culture and EDM - it had tons of untapped potential displayed by some of the more nuanced interpretations. Schematic seems to be finally starting to dust off that flavor.

For my tastes, Brothomstates was the pinnacle of this, especially his Machinedrum remix:

21 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

Yep, I went back and listened to these recently and overall they didn't age well, but some tracks did have some magic. It's too bad Merck's mainstay IDM-ified b-boy aesthetic got kind of run into the ground by bro culture and EDM - it had tons of untapped potential displayed by some of the more nuanced interpretations. Schematic seems to be finally starting to dust off that flavor.

For my tastes, Brothomstates was the pinnacle of this, especially his Machinedrum remix:

yeah its also my feelings, vapor and rooms I remember at the time thinking it was good, but ive revisisted this year and it didnt age well imo. this new album is much more "mature" I find.

• Like 1

Played the album twice now, I do think there are a few too many guests. Maybe starting the album with guest vocals wasn't the best way to go either.

That said, I've enjoyed it enough to play it twice in just a few days, and will play it again to get more familiar. At the moment I prefer Human Energy.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, joyeboy said:

I really love “Salmataxia” under his Syndrone alias back in 2004. Some nice Confieldy chaotic stuff but with a more melodic bent that he’s always been pretty good at (BoC esque even).

Anyone knowing a source of FLAC release? It's such a classic but not on Bandcamp, or Bleep...