Jump to content

A. G. Cook - 7G


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, elseqonethroughfive said:

Yesssss!

I couldn't agree more.

 

The range of styles is quite ridiculous, I've never heard an album like it honestly

 

How can you jump from songs like "undying" to "note velocity" to "triptych demon"....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, chassis said:

Its weird I could have sworn I saw orders or pre-orders for the CD, but I actually can't find them anywhere now.

Please let me know if you ever find this available as a cd set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ventolin68 said:

Please let me know if you ever find this available as a cd set.

I must have been mistaken. Maybe I wasn't really paying attention as the digital release says "7-disc" and I assumed it meant CD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was not familiar with this guy before this, but I am pretty blown away by the range of styles on this release. While the sound design could take some getting used to, I can't help but wonder how there is not a stinker in bunch? Most acts struggle to cobble together 10 tracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chassis said:

I must have been mistaken. Maybe I wasn't really paying attention as the digital release says "7-disc" and I assumed it meant CD?

yeah no physical release so far


the "CD" thing is just to separate the different 'styles' as the album is split into 7 parts - drum, guitar, piano, supersaw, nord etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree with all the praise in here!  This is easily one of my fav releases of the year.  Never really got into PC Music's catalog before this so I didn't really expect that but loving the variety and the consistency on this thing.  

And apparently A.G. Cook just announced another album is coming in September called "Apple".  This one seems more traditional with only 10 tracks: 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/73313

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2020 at 1:33 AM, AgentCooper said:

Agree with all the praise in here!  This is easily one of my fav releases of the year.  Never really got into PC Music's catalog before this so I didn't really expect that but loving the variety and the consistency on this thing.  

And apparently A.G. Cook just announced another album is coming in September called "Apple".  This one seems more traditional with only 10 tracks: 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/73313

it's more shania twain than afx... 🤮

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played the first couple of ‘discs’. Sounds a bit like a novelty record. Though there’s a million things ping pong every minute, weirdly I got bored real quick. 

Edited by beerwolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.