IGNORED

Gez Varley legal action against warp

d-a-m-o

iirc if you want to validate this case in a court of law you need to provide a 192kH soundwave demonstrating that you are the True Creator.

so i'm very optimistic.

I don't know what to think of it. Do artistes even make 10000£ these days just by selling records? I don't think so. He should feel blessed his music got out there and even made a buck of it. Prob every musician today gotta have a job to make end meet.
He should be gratefull instead of trying to destroy warp records

On 8/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, psn said:

Does the fundraiser mean he's given up on the legal action?

I don't think so - I think he's fallen on hard times and is asking for help, using the claim he is owed royalties as a sympathy plea.

The fact is, the record is pushing 30 years old - surely he's had income since then and this 20K in royalties surely isn't the reason he's struggling now (otherwise this would have come up far earlier).

I'd be interested in knowing what the Rhythm dispute has to do with all this (unless his claim is that since they got out of that deal, the royalties paid may have been based on the original 10K deal and no residuals came in after the new deal (which seemed to exclude the artist) was done.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:53 AM, Ivan Ooze said:

I don't know what to think of it. Do artistes even make 10000£ these days just by selling records? I don't think so. He should feel blessed his music got out there and even made a buck of it. Prob every musician today gotta have a job to make end meet.
He should be gratefull instead of trying to destroy warp records /S

FTFY

some free hard to find LFO traxs here ... any donations would be great as I'm self funding for a future legal action against Warp records for unpaid royalties .. thanks

How long do you suppose these stay up?

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

Ooh that's good stuff. Are they even different versions to the Warp releases? ?

No, and not really that rare either, all tracks have many sources in the LFO discography.

11 minutes ago, Plum said:

Free hard to find LFO traxx you say... where them at then?

Not free, pay what you want.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:16 AM, dcom said:

How long do you suppose these stay up?

We seem to have an answer. Gone from Bandcamp, gone from my Bandcamp collection, so quite effectively purged.

Archived