IGNORED

SoundCloud Go+ on offer

TheBro

Hey all is anyone using SoundCloud Go+. It's on offer for 99p for 3 months for say another 36 hours. I think it might be decent for integrating with Traktor DJ2 as I have the SL2 MK3 too. Thoughts?

So I subscribed to Soundcloud Go+. A couple of things Traktor isn't that perfect at recognising tempo and so trying to mix with it is real trial and error and a bit of train wreck lol. I'm going to persist but for the moment it seems to do bizarre things which I don't get. Another thing is you can't record while streaming off Soundcloud. Any thoughts on this is it copyright or something - I would guess so which is fair enough but equally annoying. Thoughts?

I think I'm beginning to get the knack of it sort of ha ha. Anyways hit me up with your best jungle, techno, house on Soundcloud as that's what I'm mixing. Cheers everyone.

I refuse to pay for Soundcloud Go as I am already paying for the Pro Unlimited anyway.

As for using Soundcloud stuff for DJing, I suggest just ripping the file before you load it into your DJ software (I use https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/). No need for some fancy shmancy direct soundcloud integration that will make your DJ set depend on the internet connection during playing the song.

On a fast enough connection youtube-dl will get you the audio file quickly enough to load it up while the previous song is playing too, so you can still do live youtube DJing.

As for copyright aspects of ripping publicly available audio, my take is that it is sort of like recording TV on VHS for later playback. At least for home use.

For DJing in a public place you have to make sure that your licensing is properly in order anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived