Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow Of Fear (Mute)

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, ARPA said:

This is a lot of fun, never been the biggest CV fan but I like this.

You should check out the final 3 CV albums that came out on Instinct (at least in the US) Plasticity, International Language, and The Conversation. Very much of this style (though maybe a little lower in the BPMs?) as are his Sandoz/Electronic Eye/"Richard H. Kirk" releases circa roughly '93-'97...

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, hayhook said:

You should check out the final 3 CV albums that came out on Instinct (at least in the US) Plasticity, International Language, and The Conversation. Very much of this style (though maybe a little lower in the BPMs?) as are his Sandoz/Electronic Eye/"Richard H. Kirk" releases circa roughly '93-'97...

Completely agreed. Love everything his made during this era but I am a sucker for that early 90s sound.

I feel like most people don’t rate those last few albums, and I never really understood why. 

SO many gems in the Sandoz/Electronic Eye catalog.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sherkaner said:

Virtual State is one of my all-time favorites.

Me too. World War III is one of my all time favorite tracks. Super funky.

• Like 1

Virtual State is great, as is The Number Of Magic and Electronic Eye's Closed Circuit and The Idea Of Justice. I think I'm going to get the Sandoz box next. Although Cabaret Voltaire is historically significant I've never been a huge fan, this new album has its moments but I'd still rather go back to those mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, dcom said:

Virtual State is great, as is The Number Of Magic and Electronic Eye's Closed Circuit and The Idea Of Justice. I think I'm going to get the Sandoz box next. Although Cabaret Voltaire is historically significant I've never been a huge fan, this new album has its moments but I'd still rather go back to those mentioned above.

Well I’m not really blown away by this at first listen, but I would get why fans of their older stuff would like it. 

The first few Sandoz albums easily stand up with the best dubby ambient techno albums of that era.

I mean, come on:

• Like 2