IGNORED

Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow Of Fear (Mute)

dcom

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, ARPA said:

This is a lot of fun, never been the biggest CV fan but I like this.

You should check out the final 3 CV albums that came out on Instinct (at least in the US) Plasticity, International Language, and The Conversation. Very much of this style (though maybe a little lower in the BPMs?) as are his Sandoz/Electronic Eye/"Richard H. Kirk" releases circa roughly '93-'97...

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hayhook said:

You should check out the final 3 CV albums that came out on Instinct (at least in the US) Plasticity, International Language, and The Conversation. Very much of this style (though maybe a little lower in the BPMs?) as are his Sandoz/Electronic Eye/"Richard H. Kirk" releases circa roughly '93-'97...

Completely agreed. Love everything his made during this era but I am a sucker for that early 90s sound.

I feel like most people don’t rate those last few albums, and I never really understood why. 

SO many gems in the Sandoz/Electronic Eye catalog.

• Like 1

Virtual State is great, as is The Number Of Magic and Electronic Eye's Closed Circuit and The Idea Of Justice. I think I'm going to get the Sandoz box next. Although Cabaret Voltaire is historically significant I've never been a huge fan, this new album has its moments but I'd still rather go back to those mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, dcom said:

Virtual State is great, as is The Number Of Magic and Electronic Eye's Closed Circuit and The Idea Of Justice. I think I'm going to get the Sandoz box next. Although Cabaret Voltaire is historically significant I've never been a huge fan, this new album has its moments but I'd still rather go back to those mentioned above.

Well I’m not really blown away by this at first listen, but I would get why fans of their older stuff would like it. 

The first few Sandoz albums easily stand up with the best dubby ambient techno albums of that era.

I mean, come on:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was listening to an interview with Stephen Mallinder and he said that he was not asked about the new cabaret release, which is strange because they supposedly parted on good terms. A bit odd. I like that new track "Billion Dollar" but it doesn't feel very CV to me.

Neither the album or the new track are appealing to me.

And I agree it's really strange a) that Mallinder wasn't asked, and b) Kirk isn't just releasing this under his own name like he has since forever. I guess he's not getting the attention he desires.