IGNORED

Jungle Subs

TheBro

I'll admit I really don't know what I'm doing. One second my subs cut through next minute especially with an amen you can't hear shit of them!!! Thoughts??? Cheers all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, picklish said:

Are your kicks and subs occupying the same frequencies/Hz? Have you sidechained/ducked the subs? can you look at stuff on a spectral analysis to see if they overlap?

That shouldn't really be a problem with jungle tunes, being a bit pedantic here making a distinction between jungle and drum 'n' bass. If you're doing dnb with the kick drums and bass then you'd worry about phasing issues so they don't cancel out. The main thing with breaks is that you'll want some saturation on your sub, not a pure sine. Adding some harmonics to the sub will go a long way. 

I did a jungle tune recently and the sub was fine but on other tunes it'll be faint and fundamentally I can't see a huge difference in the breaks and sounds I'm using. Thanks for the advise anyways!! ?

Archived