IGNORED

Ambitrickster - 3 hours of Soundcloud jams

Ambitrickster

Hi all!

I'm a long time lurker and a new member.

I've been making music for about 12 years, on and off. Stylistically my tracks are all over the place. I make tunes to entertain myself and have a laugh. If some of you like them, that's great! If you don't like them, that's great too! Soundcloud has just been a place to archive my tracks, basically. I've done nothing to share my music or promote it or anything.

The oldest tracks are digital, while the newer ones are mostly analog. The oldest track was made 12 years ago. I consider the stuff on my Soundcloud to be jams or attempts - most of the tunes were done in one or a few days. Some of the tracks are "mastered" like shit. Make of it what you will.

Anyways, enough talk. Here's my Soundcloud

• Like 1

Hi my view is that although I can hear potential in some of these tunes. They seem to take too long evolve and don't tend to progress enough. Also I feel like their drums are a bit too lofi and lacking clarity so would be hard to mix with. Sorry if I sound a little harsh but just thought I'd offer some words for you. My favourite was June 19. ?

5 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Hi my view is that although I can hear potential in some of these tunes. They seem to take too long evolve and don't tend to progress enough. Also I feel like their drums are a bit too lofi and lacking clarity so would be hard to mix with. Sorry if I sound a little harsh but just thought I'd offer some words for you. My favourite was June 19. ?

No, that's not harsh at all. I welcome any feedback. Currently checking out your Soundcloud man.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cool tracks! I really enjoyed Turia. A bit of distortion on the bass and some synths could be really brought out because they're great. That and Aktionsekvens have cool video-game vibes. Peking - cool combo of sounds going on there. Same with Gdfoxzfs. Has those 90s acid vibes. Sometimes I noticed myself listening to individual sounds then listening to the song as a whole. I know these are a rawer form, but perhaps that's just a matter of balancing the levels a bit with EQ and compression to make them flow into a seemless whole. Fun stuff!