IGNORED

Introduction

The Mad Scientist

I had the pleasure already filling in an interview somewhere. I will use those questions and answers to tell a bit more about myself:

What is music to you? What does it give you?

The Mad Scientist: It's the future baby.

What is your music dream?

The Mad Scientist: Music? Who is talking about music here? Scientificall Experiments is the correct term.

If you could change the world - what would you start with?

The Mad Scientist: Science

Which is the most memorable song from your childhood?

The Mad Scientist: When my processor started to go -9 micromasters

Who are your favorite musical artists or bands?

The Mad Scientist: Tesla

What inspires you to make music?

The Mad Scientist: When I wake up I just wonder: what can I make go BOOM today?

What is the message you want to send with your music?

The Mad Scientist: Failure is never an option, except when you just blew everything up.
Sometimes this means you succeeded, other times not.

How do you feel when you perform in front of an audience?

The Mad Scientist: I feel like I need to patent my experiments. I do not like it when people stare at me. Thats why I started to create some experiments that create sound so hopefull everyone will be dancing when I mix the good stuff on stage. Blue and red is not a good idea. I like yellow and pink.

How do you see the musicians’ reality nowadays? What could be improved?

The Mad Scientist: I am just gonna ignore the fact that you keep talking about these 'musicians'. I know nothing about that. I think and improvement would be if we could go on and talk about it as scientificall experiments. Sigh.

What frustrates you most as a musician?

The Mad Scientist: Nothing because I am The Mad Scientist.

Do you support your local scene as a fan? How?

The Mad Scientist: I assure them I will not blow them up.

What qualities should a musician nowadays have in order to get their music heard by a larger audience?

The Mad Scientist: Lot of explosions.

Share some awesome artists that we’ve never heard of.

The Mad Scientist: Nikola Tesla
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

12 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

what do you think about anti-humidity paint mr. scientist?

Too basic.

7 minutes ago, xox said:

Welcome! 

...and read the rules!

(im sorry i had to be THAT guy)

No problem, there is always such guy in science conventions. I understand you are sorry to be that guy and I will happily forgive you.

Most achievements are not because great man followed all the rules, in science great achievements are based on rules that did not comply.

On the other hand, I do not know what rule I have broken. I searched for an introduction topic but did not find one.

Please read the following rules of quantum mechanics:

1. A quantum system is described using a Hilbert space H. Often, this Hilbert space is assumed to be separable.

2. A pure state of a quantum system is represented by a normalized vector |ψ〉 in H; state vectors differing only by a phase factor of absolute value 1 represent the same state. In the position representation, where the Hilbert space is the space of square integrable functions of a position vector x, ψ(x) is called the wave function of the system.

3. The time evolution of an isolated quantum system represented by the state vector |ψ(t)〉 is given by iℏddt|ψ(t)〉=H|ψ(t)〉 where H is the Hamilton operator and ℏ is Planck’s constant. This is the Schrödinger equation. This rule is valid in the formulation of quantum mechanics called the Schrödinger picture. There are other, equivalent formulations of the time evolution, especially the Heisenberg picture and the Dirac (interaction) pictures, where time evolution is entirely or partially shifted from the state vector to the operators.

4. An observable of a quantum system is represented by a Hermitian operator A with real spectrum acting on a dense subspace of H.

5. The possible measured values of a measurement of an observable are the spectral values of the corresponding operator A. In case of a discrete spectrum, these are the eigenvalues a satisfying A|a〉=a|a〉.

6. Let {|a〉} be a complete set of (generalized) eigenvectors of the self-adjoint operator A with spectral values a. Let the quantum system be prepared in a state represented by the state vector |ψ〉. If a measurement of the observable corresponding to A is performed, the probability  pψ(a) to find the measured value a is given by pψ(a)=|〈a|ψ〉|2 This is the Born rule, in a formulation that assumes that all eigenvalues are nondegenerate.

7. For successive, non-destructive projective measurements with discrete results, each measurement with measuring value a can be regarded as preparation of a new state whose state vector is the corresponding eigenvector |a〉, to be used for the calculation of subsequent time evolution and further measurements. This is the von Neumann projection postulate.

Archived