IGNORED

Instagram

Hyperfrequence

As official representative of WATMM I have come forward to tell you that none of us are on Instagram.

Thanks for your time.

24 minutes ago, timbre monke said:

Too many thot bots and keyboard brownshirts. No social media outlet is safe from them I suppose.

instagram nazis are hilarious, check out this one i saw the other day. motherfucker looks like sid the sloth

https://discordapp.com/channels/257901794481537035/257901794481537035/748560980610646036

(watmm discord ^)

I deleted my Instagram completely last Christmas.. not missing it a bit. I started it as a joke just posting stupid shit but when I started to post travel pictures I started to get some followers and when I was traveling in Iran I started to get quite a lot of followers all of sudden, which was getting a bit scary because I was trying to be kind of low key and not attract attention. So I made the account private and kicked out everybody I didn't personally know. But finally I realized that it's just a big waste of time, bunch of ex's and former coworkers stalking where I am, so I just deleted the whole damn thing. If somebody I know is really interested in where I'm traveling or the photos then they can just message me with Whatsapp, Signal, Telegram or whatever.

I have a very fresh instagram, and was thinking about the best ways to gain followers... and the first thing that popped into my head was this hilariously shitty* strategy of following tons of accounts with similar interests, then unfollowing the ones you don't really care about after your own numbers are up.  It's the sort of shit that makes me hate these platforms in the first place.  Unsurprisingly, it is very effective:

https://www.agorapulse.com/social-media-lab/follow-unfollow-strategy-twitter-instagram/

Not sure I'm ready to become what I hate though.  Getting there, to be sure.

*shitty as in a shitty thing to do.  The strategy itself is watertight.

I have a personal account where I post, you know, personal things like photos of trips or things around town or my dog or my girlfriend or whatever, and stories of the same and stuff we're cooking and also some memes I think are funny. 

But for you guys, here is my other account where I just post vinyl I'm listening to and occasionally other music content like if I wanna promote a track in a story or something. I used to play & post several records a week but in the last year living in my current home I've played less. Still my page is awesome. https://www.instagram.com/allthatyouseeandhear/

I find myself mostly adding art pages, since instagram is better suited to the visual side of things.  Not really interested in hearing 15 second clips of music on my phone speaker.  But I will still post it, if that's what the world has come to.

Here's the account for my most recent project:

https://www.instagram.com/themunicipalityband/

mine's tape_escape/ - it's currently private and mostly just dumb suburban dad stuff 

I have another account I'll start using in the future for public posts when I get back to digitizing obscure tapes

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I have a personal account where I post, you know, personal things like photos of trips or things around town or my dog or my girlfriend or whatever, and stories of the same and stuff we're cooking and also some memes I think are funny. 

But for you guys, here is my other account where I just post vinyl I'm listening to and occasionally other music content like if I wanna promote a track in a story or something. I used to play & post several records a week but in the last year living in my current home I've played less. Still my page is awesome. https://www.instagram.com/allthatyouseeandhear/

great stuff man!

On 9/1/2020 at 5:30 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I have a very fresh instagram, and was thinking about the best ways to gain followers... and the first thing that popped into my head was this hilariously shitty* strategy of following tons of accounts with similar interests, then unfollowing the ones you don't really care about after your own numbers are up.  It's the sort of shit that makes me hate these platforms in the first place.  Unsurprisingly, it is very effective:

https://www.agorapulse.com/social-media-lab/follow-unfollow-strategy-twitter-instagram/

Not sure I'm ready to become what I hate though.  Getting there, to be sure.

*shitty as in a shitty thing to do.  The strategy itself is watertight.

Yeah it's pretty shitty and extremely common! I'll follow anyone back, and if they then unfollow me I block them. My block list is hundreds of accounts long, and I only block for this reason. I do like Instagram though - about to hit 1000 followers without doing anything shady to attract people; of course, it's taken years.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:51 PM, bronchuseven said:

@foldedcrystals

Origami, cats, plants and occasionally music.

Your Origami art looks amazing, bravo. And eh, cats ❤️ 

1 hour ago, bronchuseven said:

I'll follow anyone back, and if they then unfollow me I block them. My block list is hundreds of accounts long, and I only block for this reason.

Yowza!  That seems like it would require a tremendous effort to keep track of who's doing what on your page.  

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yowza!  That seems like it would require a tremendous effort to keep track of who's doing what on your page.  

It does take some effort, true. It's usually pretty obvious which accts. do this, just from their follow/following ratio alone. 

Archived