IGNORED

Wagon Christ - Recepticon (10/24/2020)

auxFACTOR

12 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

Was keen on picking this up but what's up with those prices? £34 for a 2LP is a bit fierce. Better get used to it with Brexit on the way I guess...

I think its prob because the version off PoR is the ltd 180g one?

It's cheaper than going to bleep lol - the ltd one off bleep is just a different colour but I think it's reg 140g weight, and it's $42.99USD + shipping. yikes 

I grabbed mine from PoR with the hopes that a larger share of the munnies goes to Luke.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Velazquez said:

The Bleep price is inflated by them not POR, they wanted to keep it as low as possible.  

Yes - I figured this was the case for sure! 

I typically always purch direct from label if it's an option, assuming the intermediaries like bleep take a cut that would otherwise go to the label or artist. 

edit: I found $35 to be pretty reasonable for a ltd edition, 180g double lp too. Typically double lp reg weight is $28-30ish.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

The Bleep price is inflated by them not POR, they wanted to keep it as low as possible.  
Not sure this is bleep thing - all other UK retailers have it even higher at £40... double the price of a standard album.

Either way too pricey for me...

18 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Bleep Me Out = skip to 11:20, what set is this in cos I've been listening to it for years

Easily the track that's doing the most for me so far & yes it does has a familiar sound to it. Maybe a sample he's used differently elsewhere? It immediately made me think of Aphex Twin's Digeridoo... 

10 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

Not sure this is bleep thing - all other UK retailers have it even higher at £40... double the price of a standard album.

Either way too pricey for me...

Weird, I swear earlier your post said $35 not  £34.

I would agree  £34+ is quite expensive. ? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

23 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Yo...the track Bleep Me Out...help me out, Im SURE I already have this somewhere, I've been listening to it for years. I can't fucking remember where though, I've been going through all the mixes I have on my phone. I swear it's RIGHT at the start of an aphex mix. One recorded off a soundboard or radio show (so not with a mic, but still that sort of loud oversaturated pirate radio vibe).

It's driving me mental

I know! I thought it was played in one of the RDJ/Vibert sets in 2004- I remember hearing it back then and going mental. I too ripped it form the set but it's lost on a hard drive.   I've been searching for this track since I heard advance listening of Recepticon.  When I first heard it again I was so stoked.

Could this be the song that inspired the name Rave Hop-  that Luke Mentions in the Electronic Sound Interview a couple months back?

I didn't see this posted yet!

90 min mix + interview. Edit: have to be an xlr8r member to download the mix... Maybe if one of you is a member and is feeling really nice.... ....

https://xlr8r.com/news/download-90-minutes-of-luke-vibert/

heh:

It’s been a long time since you last released as Wagon Christ. Why have you dusted off the project now?

I tried a few times with Ninja Tune, but they’re too scared of sampled music these days, after being stung a few times in the past.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Velazquez said:

I know! I thought it was played in one of the RDJ/Vibert sets in 2004- I remember hearing it back then and going mental. I too ripped it form the set but it's lost on a hard drive.   I've been searching for this track since I heard advance listening of Recepticon.  When I first heard it again I was so stoked.

Could this be the song that inspired the name Rave Hop-  that Luke Mentions in the Electronic Sound Interview a couple months back?

That's good, I'm not going mental then. I also think it's from a early 2000s aphex/vibert set. I reckon I had it in a folder of suspected unreleased aphex tracks, which I deleted after the phex soundcloud dump made it 99% irrelevant ?

51 minutes ago, elcid4 said:

That XLR8R mix is killer!

Innit? Some great tracks on there. I’m having a complete brain fart here I should know this off the top of my head, what is the track @31 mins in?  ?

22 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Can’t wait for this. I can understand Vibert not being your favorite artist, but it’s hard to imagine someone not liking a Wagon Christ album. 

I enjoy a lot of his music under his own name but Wagon Christ is my fav output of his. It’s my gfs fav moniker of his as well and it comes out the day before her birthday ??? 

Im p hyped for this release ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

On 9/30/2020 at 6:53 PM, elcid4 said:

That XLR8R mix is killer!

On 9/30/2020 at 7:46 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Innit? Some great tracks on there. I’m having a complete brain fart here I should know this off the top of my head, what is the track @31 mins in?  ?

It was an epic night.  I brought Luke some home made "treats"

Edited by Velazquez
spelling
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Velazquez said:

It was an epic night.  I brought Luke some home made "treats"

IMG_0415-preview.JPG

No!!! You were there when he put this set together? ?

Awesome, completely jealous. That's a really nice picture of you guys as well. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

No!!! You were there when he put this set together? ?

Awesome, completely jealous. That's a really nice picture of you guys as well. 

It was a great night, It was great to see Luke back in Boston it had been 15 or so years... Since he's been back in the States my fav set of his is this one where he debuted 3-4 new tracks right off the bat,  too bad there was not get a proper recording. Nonetheless check this one too with highlights:

https://youtu.be/OMYHMIUmKOw

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

That's Cordialtron by Caustic Window

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, danshoebridge said:

Was keen on picking this up but what's up with those prices? £34 for a 2LP is a bit fierce. Better get used to it with Brexit on the way I guess...

Thats a very good point I never thought about. This LP cost a load cos it was pressed in US and was imported to EU.

But there's loads of class stuff that's pressed in UK and is that gonna be subject to tariffs leaving UK going to EU going forward?

absolutely ecstatic for this release.. that warm bliss of the wagon christ vibe.  and the track that's up on bandcamp is glorious!

regarding "cordialotron", vibert seems to love music and love listening to music, and is often sticking our favorite 90s tracks in his mixes.  he also uses analogue bubblebath 1 and lfo to great effect in his mixes...

• Like 1

I’m hoping ? this comes out a couple days early. Gf has the 23rd off and it’s her birthday that weekend so hope to dive in for her birthday with some good food and maybe an edible ?