IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

I hope one of them at least glances at this thread and grins, then has a good chuckle at how much this subset of people nerds out over their stuff.

Wore my AELIVENA shirt to work today without knowing about this album's announcement, what a nice coincidence.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, xy_politics said:

S(19) + I(9) + G(7) = 35 = L (12) + P (16) + C (3) + D (4)

N = 14 = (catalogue no) 3+2+9

Continuing with the numerological Mystic Meg routine, I hereby announce with absolute certainty that the accompanying EP to SIGN will be called AKIN

As well as that, the tormented limbo-specter of Herman Cain tells me that Joe Biden will be struck by "lightning" on the very same day it is released

Edited by xy_politics

1 hour ago, Diurn said:

Lot of AE fanboys here, just like our beloved twoism ?

I think that this album will have more in common with Oversteps (both have circles), but let's wait until we can hear something.

Congrats to Rob & Sean

I dream about a really liquid/cosmic album like the first part of the nts 4 or the last onesixlive but with huge melodies like oversteps

2 minutes ago, pikkio said:

I dream about a really liquid/cosmic album like the first part of the nts 4 or the last onesixlive but with huge melodies like oversteps

I would like a couple of the tracks to overlap with OneSix, maybe vaguely? There's something about the OneSix material that feels like it might still be evolving (as evidenced by the 2018 sets). It seems alive and some of it feels, in a really vague way admittedly, like it's suggesting something. There's something expectant about it. That plus the similarity in shape in artwork makes me think (or at least wonder) if there will be a whisper of overlap. If so, I hope it is subtle, but I'd dig it.

CD pre-ordered.

I live 2 hours from the nearest regional city in Far North Queensland, so I assume my CD will be the earliest dispatched for its long epic Covid-addled journey. Same weekend as the AFL Preliminary Finals.

this is fantastic news!!! i'm just about to get a new record player with a hi-fi setup - looks like i get to hear this on brand new wax ????? shout-out to the bro boothers for this amazing treat, and for delivering awesome music on a consistent and regular basis for three decades!!!

11 hours ago, eclipsis said:

This might be the best artwork they had in years! Also shorter more focused album?!! How cool is that?

11 hours ago, YELLOW said:

Preordered also! I’m pretty excited for what is probably a more focused, shorter album 

^^particularly hyped for this

• Like 1

I don't have anything else meaningful to add because it's far too early, but the last time they gave us a 11-track release was LP5 and EP7 back at the very end of last millennium.

[redacted]

Edited by timbre monke

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Instabought the LP. Not crazy about the shirt design.

bothboth (ok well I'm preordering the digital on bandcamp day this friday)

shirtgame weak

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

He is.

He is? Wait. Seriously? He's a scientist? Field? 

This is news for me. Can't remember it ever being mentioned. Sounds unlikely to me. As he's been releasing tunes and touring for quite a while now. Not much spare time to get a PHD. 

Please, don't be a dick and say he's a scientist in how he crafts his tunes.

Actually I just found unofficial files via soulseek, now downloading,

but i'm pretty shure these are fakes coz track times don't match at all

...edit : now listening : yeah fake,hahaha   it's total shit, it's not Ae

well that was predictable but I just wanted to make a soulseek search just to see what would come up....

Edited by neurone