IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

17 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

... it seems to me that the division into two solo albums, is more than anything else an exercise for the benefit of the ego, something that I think they do not feel the need (especially after 33 years of activity)

Totally agree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey, a thought just crossed my mind...

If the most recent press photo of Ae duo has Rob more in the foreground...does that mean that this release is more Rob's?

#Aexcited

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Facepalm 2

Pretty sure when discussing the whole thing of solo tracks in AAA they mentioned Draft or/Untitled, which are before the current Max setup. There are solo tracks in FSOL, Orbital and Underworld's catalogues (and probably countless others) so it's not an unusual thing. 

While I like the Sign = Sean idea, it's probably unlikely. Two albums definitely fits in with a Speakerboxxx / The Love Below idea, but as has been said, they don't seem to be the sort to be interesting in that kind of thing, especially given that the current setup has been designed by the pair of them. At the most, one album would be tracks selected by Siobhan and one tracks selected by Roisin, but I doubt it.

Saying that, if we get an email in a few weeks saying that Rub is coming out on 13th November we can all eat our hats.

11 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Maybe the first LP is Sean doing mental beats ,the second is Rob doing lush pads and when you combine them you end up with the ultimate 'chre Album.

There's a thought - what if the two albums are meant to be played at the same time, and the tracks mesh together?

Also, don't orange and green make... BROWN?

• Haha 2

Numerology can prove anything.

sign = 19,9,7,14 

sean = 19,5,1,14

rob = 18,15,2

(rob) 18+15+2 = 35

(sig) 19+9+7 = 35

(sean) 19 - (5+14) = 1

(n) 'n' is 1 letter of 'sign'.  'n' is also the last letter of 'sign' and also the last letter of 'sean'.

Conclusion = Rob is responsible for 3/4 of the tracks of Sign, Sean is responsible for 1/4.  Furthermore, Sean is responsible for the last track.  Mystery solved.

edit: - OOPS, bad math.  Sean equals '0', and is thus responsible for nothing, but inspired the last track.

edit 2: OR, 19/(5+14) = 1, so maybe Sean did do something.  I really need to lay off the coffee for the day.....

Edited by tailings
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

20 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

There's a thought - what if the two albums are meant to be played at the same time, and the tracks mesh together?

Also, don't orange and green make... BROWN?

Yes that's what I was saying, there's this neurosis album that can be played with this other album from their side project tribes of neurot but I really hope that's not it cause this is the lamest concept ever 

:psyduck:

6 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Yes that's what I was saying, there's this neurosis album that can be played with this other album from their side project tribes of neurot but I really hope that's not it cause this is the lamest concept ever 

:psyduck:

The Flaming Lips have a release like this where you play 4 at the same time I think... madness

• Haha 1

Come to think of it, the shape in the cover is almost a circle, AND timbales are circular, and when combined with that vibrant colour palette, it wouldn't be a hyperbole to say that it may as well be a SALSA RECORD

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

The Flaming Lips have a release like this where you play 4 at the same time I think... madness

i remember the pitchfork review of this being basically "this sucks, who the fuck has four CD players?" lol. which i mean, yeah

6 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

Gentlemen, I have the vague impression that we are losing the sense of reality. Maybe Warp could upload that piece online and stop our fall into the darkness of madness for a moment

Yes, maybe we should move onto photoshops based on track names..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mushroom said:

i remember the pitchfork review of this being basically "this sucks, who the fuck has four CD players?" lol. which i mean, yeah

Then they released it on vinyl. 

Edited by purlieu