IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

1 hour ago, Frank Poole said:

Best of luck! Hopefully the stream doesn't leave as bad a taste in your mouth as the saline.

i have to drink the oral contrast die. i think it's barium. it's more or less tasteless but has a weird consistency. then i think i get the IV of whatever they push. i think that has some iodine type shit in it that gives the sensation of having to pee and that weird taste. science yo!

3 hours ago, jules said:

Aphex gets signs posted across the world. Autechre get a stream with no link. Warp pls.

on the other hand, aphex fans get the nth mediocre rehash of the aphex formula. autechre fans get a brilliant new ae album. :emotawesomepm9:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Got a message 1 hr & 10mins ago that my order was dispatched (open business their time)

My nearest regional city (a few hours away) is Cairns in Australia. The upcoming international flight sked doesn't appear to include direct flights from europe (mostly PNG and some islands and Asian locations). Cairns itself is a 2.5 hour flight from the state capital. Queensland is enormous, about 2.5 times the size of Texas. Plus possible Covid delays. So it should take until minimum mid next week at best you'd think.

I've only ordered 1 item from overseas since lockdown and it did arrive (whereas some domestic things failed to).

Oh well, digitals anyway. I shall fret no more.

Edited by Roo

9 minutes ago, Roo said:

Got a message 1 hr & 10mins ago that my order was dispatched (open business their time)

My nearest regional city (a few hours away) is Cairns in Australia. The upcoming international flight sked doesn't appear to include direct flights from europe (mostly PNG and some islands and Asian locations). Cairns itself is a 2.5 hour flight from the state capital. Queensland is enormous, about 2.5 times the size of Texas. Plus possible Covid delays. So it should take until minimum mid next week at best you'd think.

I've only ordered 1 item from overseas since lockdown and it did arrive (whereas some domestic things failed to).

Oh well, digitals anyway. I shall fret no more.

Do you live in Weipa or Cooktown or something?

photo_2020-10-08_18-53-25.jpg.a36a922f72eb397c3eeced1c6fd207aa.jpg

Alarm is set for 6:30am... Gives me half an hour to get up, put a comfy robe on, make a cuppa, twiddle my thumbs for 25 minutes then it's on like donkey kong! Going to be listening to this half asleep with the blinds shut - it's gotta be in the dark, right?  Who's with me? 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kid Lukie said:

Do you live in Weipa or Cooktown or something?

I’d rather not divulge exactly where. I’ve lived in about a dozen diff regions all over Australia’s east coast, moved up here last year and haven’t used the intl part of the nearest airport yet.

my alarm for 5am, gives me an hour to fk around. The elusive bush stone-curlews should be wailing a nocturne goodnight about then. The ae Warp Tapes were live at a similar time last year, whereas the NTS Sessions live wasn’t a good time for me.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roo said:

I’d rather not divulge exactly where. I’ve lived in about a dozen diff regions all over Australia’s east coast, moved up here last year and haven’t used the intl part of the nearest airport yet.

my alarm for 5am, gives me an hour to fk around. The elusive bush stone-curlews should be wailing a nocturne goodnight about then. The ae Warp Tapes were live at a similar time last year, whereas the NTS Sessions live wasn’t a good time for me.

Wait... So the broadcast is on at 06:00 AEST? Not 07:00?

Edit: my bad I'm in AEDT

Never mind, all good

Edited by sine nomine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fomenko said:

Why's the AUStechre crew so large

Because Australia still uses dial-up, which sounds like every autechre release since Confield, so they are culturally in tune with the sound. 

• Haha 3
  • Burger 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:36 PM, Roo said:

4hcrb7.jpg

:cisfor: Barely aged a day

14 minutes ago, fomenko said:

Why's the AUStechre crew so large

Maybe we have an undiagnosed parochialism to all things au-

Edited by Roo
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1