IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

3 minutes ago, Jamesqdot said:

Did this reviewer just discover hip-hop, like, yesterday?

It's weird, innit, especially since they defined electro so concisely

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jamesqdot said:

Maybe that's the reason.

More  than any other other album this feels like a distillation of everything they've done previously.

well, for now I find little relationship with draft - untilted period, and I find the introduction of new faces, there are lyrical parts (esc desc is a sort of Hans Zimmer immersed in the fog), and nuances that remind me of Emeralds and 70's psychedelia ( gr4 ). All these references were obviously crushed by a millstone precipitated from outer space

Edited by Draft78

11 minutes ago, Mic Finger said:

I absolutely don't see those as being a trilogy. Confield was kind of ending, Untilted was a kind of beginning, and Draft was something of a one off; there were definitely Confield-ish moments, but I don't hear anything Untilted-ish.

That's fair enough. To clarify, I always thought if those three albums as being their "difficult" period. A softee like me just couldn't get into them, and they lost me. Especially Untilted because it gives me an actual headache every time I try to listen to it.

2 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

well, for now I find little relationship with the draft - untilted period, and I find the introduction of new faces, there are lyrical parts (esc desc is a sort of Hans Zimmer immersed in the fog), and nuances that remind me of Emeralds and 70's psychedelia ( gr4 ). All these references were obviously crushed by a millstone precipitated from outer space

Yeah. That was kind of my point. It feels like it's distant from all that. A bit like Oversteps was. There are influences, of course... but it's sort of nostalgic.

Edited by Jamesqdot

4 minutes ago, splesh said:

It's weird, innit, especially since they defined electro so concisely

I wonder if something from the conversation with SB & RB led to that statement. Odd if not, because this comes off as being the least "hip hop" Autechre record in 20 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic Finger said:

I wonder if something from the conversation with SB & RB led to that statement. Odd if not, because this comes off as being the least "hip hop" Autechre record in 20 years.

RIight?

Although... lazy journalism is the new journalism. So you know... that?

2 hours ago, digit said:

this will sound incredible lossless. amazing textures

You can download it lossless now, you know.  It appeared on the shop right after broadcast ended...

The positive reactions to this have me hyped, but the comparisons to OPN/BoC/several other artists I don't care for have me nervous. What am I in for?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rotwang said:

The positive reactions to this have me hyped, but the comparisons to OPN/BoC/several other artists I don't care for have me nervous. What am I in for?

primarily ambient autechre album

but it's good

• Like 1

Just now, Rotwang said:

reassured, all references have been autechreshed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

but it's good

3 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

reassured, all references have been autechreshed

That's good to hear, thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:
5 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

but it's good

To be fair I only heard the first 4 trax. They were good though. Maybe it’s less ambient after that. 

13 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

More or less, like a whole album's worth of very melodic AE, with a lot of new sounds to keep it fresh.  The nods to BoC, et al, are minimal, IMO.

Edited by tailings
  • Like 1

The fidelity of this new autechre is such high quality i'm already swimming in the vinyl and all i can hear is something matters in the audio. I'm only hearing a half of a second and it sounds good so far.

What time zone will the next play be aired i wanna dream to HEAR  a sign.

1 minute ago, Alien Sugar said:

The fidelity of this new autechre is such high quality i'm already swimming in the vinyl and all i can hear is something matters in the audio. I'm only hearing a half of a second and it sounds good so far.

What time zone will the next play be aired i wanna dream to HEAR  a sign.

It's not being aired again. It's already available for purchase and download...