IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

5 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:
27 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

rolled a j and went for a morning drive thru the countryside listening to Sign.  All the tree are orange/yellow as it's the peak of fall and I was tripping out.  The bass on si00 is pretty sick, sweeping low hertz shaking the vehicle as I cruise at idle speed, nodding with confidence at the onlooking wildlife.  

You drive while tripping?

I cannot think of anything more terrifying!

I was thinking the same thing lol

I get anxious even being outside 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

If somebody in future should say, the music of Autechre would be "cold" and/or "inhuman", just show them SIGN. I've always felt this emotional core in all of Ae's work, but it was always coated, hidden - and now it bursts out in it's purity, an I'm just floating with it.

I hate rankings, so I won't say anything like "best", but I love this album very much. And it's quite addictive: I'm almost afraid not to overplaying it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Love this already but interestingly is a bit like what I was expecting from the cover and what had been said about the album..

put on oversteps yesterday morning as had a feeling this may be bit in same vein and though i take the point some made before about comparisons, its a music forum what else you going to do when talking about it!

This is its own beast but i do agree that if you had to describe it to someone oversteps and lp5 are useful comparisons (but with 2020 Ae sound palate very much in effect! )  

I'm also interested that so many people gushing over last few tracks.. at the min I am much preferring the 1st half of the album (not that the end is bad, but the start is hitting me much more right now!) Its Ae though so this is all subject to change on further listens! 

• Like 2

I can't stop it anymore. Like Chabraendeky, I'm afraid of overdosing. Sign is a very fast album: there are no static zones, there are no bridges, everything is composition, everything is synthesis. It flows away in a flash.

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Right! Back from the universe that is work. So if I punch 'pre-order' for lossless on AE Store I can download straight away?

Edited by beerwolf

I’ve been walking with Ae in downtown Warsaw for the past hour. Warm, autumn evening, leaves falling, bustling city around me. Sign feels like perfect auditory companion. Warm, lush and emotional but propulsive at the same time. It is perfectly paced: insane begining of M4 lema, sensitive si00, stuttering sch.mefd2 and a perfect closure of r cazt. Even abrupt ending of tracks dont stop the flow. Amazing how quickly the music clicked with me. Gr4 is the only track that is kind of meh at the moment... 

Anyways, big thanks Susanna & Roberta! You’ve done it again!

Shit... completely forgot about gonkiness of au14!!! My baed!

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I have nothing against the cover, essential shapes, soft, ringed and warm on a gray background: it summarizes this sound, only, as has already been noted, what I see is the letter "e", and not the "a", if it is about letters. Are those really two chapters? However in the shirt, Autechre is written in reverse, so ea. I don't think this is a coincidence. Can this reverse symbolize a return to the atmpsphere of the origins?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

New Autechre album trip report incoming!

There seems two massive duff tracks somewhere in the first half, those I had to skip because they were getting on my nerves. One might be the bubbling underwater dolphin tune.

But I must say I the tracks I do like sound exquisite. Currently gliding above the clouds on Metaz form8, which sounds fucking ACE ?

Edited by beerwolf

Had about three complete listens to this. It's good. Nice sounds and top notch production. However, none of the tracks really grab me. I'd have thought by now, the usual AE hooks would have found their way in. For me, it's the sort of album I could just put on in the background and effectively ignore if  I chose to. It just doesn't have anything that demands attention. Maybe that was their idea with this one. A sort of AE Muzak.

Disclaimer: Haven't bought or listened to anything since Exai (Ah, the aural goodness of 'Bladelores.')

• Like 1

The artwork isn't great. I just don't give a fuck about most physical releases anymore so I'm not bothered. That's me being blunt.

First trip through this album and I'm very, very impressed. And that's what matters. Pretty sure if the artwork was excellent I'd be ordering vinyl right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

You drive while tripping?

I cannot think of anything more terrifying!

I was tripping out on the harmony between the colors of fall around me and the Sign album art.  My time with hallucinogens are decades in the past, but the experiences still resonate at moments like these.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Autechre Release New Album; Fans Polarized

After so many years in the business, I thought AE would have learnt how it's really done by now.

You see, it's about how to get the vibe going......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5