Jump to content

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20


NewSchoolScience
 Share

Recommended Posts

After the live stream I immediately headed out into the woods for a walk.  I usually listen to music but I just needed to be with my thoughts.  Walked a couple miles and all I could think was how fucking heavy that was.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cloud capture said:

After the live stream I immediately headed out into the woods for a walk.  I usually listen to music but I just needed to be with my thoughts.  Walked a couple miles and all I could think was how fucking heavy that was.

it really is amazing how they just keep doing that. release after release it's a new world. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cloud capture said:

After the live stream I immediately headed out into the woods for a walk.  I usually listen to music but I just needed to be with my thoughts.  Walked a couple miles and all I could think was how fucking heavy that was.

I can see this being a good walking album.  Looking forward to a nighttime stroll tomorrow by the Thames. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

this got buried 74 pages back so reposting. little interview about SIGN

https://sfj.substack.com/p/autechre-sign

Sign is hip-hop, if we see hip-hop as a deeply rooted system of growth and language and construction, so pervasive that it can be felt more easily than seen. It is not necessarily helpful to say that Sign is hip-hop, but it is also true and confusing.

:facepalm:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These WAVs are lush as.  One nice thing about speakers as opposed to headphones is you can listen louder without as much concern about the effect on one's hearing

1 minute ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Sign is hip-hop, if we see hip-hop as a deeply rooted system of growth and language and construction, so pervasive that it can be felt more easily than seen. It is not necessarily helpful to say that Sign is hip-hop, but it is also true and confusing.

:facepalm:

Yeah, felt the same way reading that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

godammit F7 is just too good..... i want to plug it into my soul for all eternity. it's the perfect version of the "screamy synth" type of track that i love to death, like known(1) and YJY UX. when i hear i literally hear voices screaming the same as what's inside my soul

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jamesqdot said:

I honestly don't understand the love for SIGN. I mean... I love it... I think this might be one of the best albums by Ae I've heard in decades... but what is it about everything else since LP5 that I'm missing?

Okay, maybe not LP5, but Oversteps... let's overlook the trilogy that escaped me of Confield, Draft 7.30 and Untilted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jamesqdot said:

I honestly don't understand the love for SIGN. I mean... I love it... I think this might be one of the best albums by Ae I've heard in decades... but what is it about everything else since LP5 that I'm missing?

Everything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Everything else?

I'm not exactly sure about why the bros title their songs but the music is an art and if you have the time and money to invest in it. Have a listen it's all worth while, if you have the patience. It's complex no doubt!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

if this is better than Exai i'm gonna shit myself

it is so different that it is impossible to make a comparison. Perhaps there is a point of contact with jatevee C and YJY UX, but the context has profoundly changed

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...