Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Dragon said:

godammit F7 is just too good..... i want to plug it into my soul for all eternity. it's the perfect version of the "screamy synth" type of track that i love to death, like known(1) and YJY UX. when i hear i literally hear voices screaming the same as what's inside my soul

Don't forget SYptixed

• Thanks 3

I listened to the stream last night and raved in a meditative state

A lot of it brought me back to growing up with my family:)

Thanks Sean & Rob, it was Rave had Fun:)

• Like 3

I'm actually worried a bit how much I like this after the couple of first listens, lol. Usually I end up liking more the Autechre albums that took longer time to appreciate. Well, time will tell.

• Like 2

Second listen in, loving it so far. 

Definitely hearing it as a cousin to Oversteps (even the artwork implies that), maybe the pace has a little more urgency, but very similar vibe. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, eclipsis said:

People comparing SIGN to Oversteps and OPN makes me wonder whether I will even like this :(.

I'd compare it to tri repetae more

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2
14 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

People comparing SIGN to Oversteps and OPN makes me wonder whether I will even like this :(.

Don't panic. The comparison to Oversteps is super lazy. What people mean is there is a bit more melody and overall focus on lush textures. It doesn't sound anything like Oversteps really.

Thankfully it doesn't sound like OPN either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 2

It's really funny how people always have to compare things... Like oh that reminds me of blah blah blah or oh that looks like blah blah... Its like just shut the fuck up you know!? Why can't things just be what they are and not have some fucking association... Comparisons are just so unnecessary... :catrage:

1 minute ago, sine nomine said:

It's really funny how people always have to compare things... Like oh that reminds me of blah blah blah or oh that looks like blah blah... Its like just shut the fuck up you know!? Why can't things just be what they are and not have some fucking association... Comparisons are just so unnecessary... :catrage:

I do agree, but it is an inescapable human trait. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the day after. sober.

on 2nd, 3rd and 4th listens three things are most certain: lema, formz and caz are for the aeges, with the latter being absolutely fucking devastating. like others pointed out it literally makes the silence after its sudden stop physically hurt. can not cope.

si00, au and schmefd are fucking weird and and good.

head not even halfway wrapped around the rest yet.

yeah, no, despite some known(n)s this is not oversteps pt.2, far less ancient and serene. this is a dark grey record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, d-a-m-o said:

damn, that first track !!! 

:catghost:

And the second and the third and the fourth and the fifth and the sixth and the seventh and the eighth and the ninth and the tenth and the eleventh!

• Thanks 1