Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

On 9/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Blir said:

It's the internal shape of a lower case 'a'. The next one will be the green one with the corresponding 'e' negative area shape I'm sure.

Well Actually GIFs | Tenor

I think you'll find I did that on page one

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, thegirlnextdoor said:

it's the letter a 

Second LP, the green one will be the letter e 

you read it here first 

Screenshot_20201008-162903__01.jpg

It was "e" when used in live tours design tho

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1
2 hours ago, eye said:

Don't forget SYptixed

fuck yes. i hope more people know about SYptixed. also SKF10047 from Switchblade, Nomina, and Blyz Castl.

*wakes up, listens to SIGN on repeat*

I don't like this album, it has sorta cool pompous porous sound until it starts to heavily wear ears.

I enjoy the first track a lot, i love the crawling bass in the second half of th red a, these things certainly make it not hateable.

The closer is nice, yet feels like another go at this very familiar type of closure (Oversteps/Exai sort).

Waiting for green one here

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jamesqdot said:

I honestly don't understand the love for SIGN. I mean... I love it... I think this might be one of the best albums by Ae I've heard in decades... but what is it about everything else since LP5 that I'm missing?

Tinfoil hat?

I think I missed the memo, what's "the green one" people are talking about? An actual rumored second album or a classic WATMM inside joke?

Still loving this on day 2

Just now, six said:

I think I missed the memo, what's "the green one" people are talking about? An actual rumored second album or a classic WATMM inside joke?

Still loving this on day 2

There was an inside rumour in one of the threads here before the announcement of SIGN that mentioned two manufactured albums, orange and green with similar covers. That's green for you.

As for the second album, Saddam said there are two albums ready when he was chatting extensively on mixlr earlier this year.

2 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:
6 minutes ago, Eggy Toast said:
Excuse my ignorance, but how are you people managing to listen again to 'Signs'?

All preorders on bleep now have downloads enabled.

Many thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

There was an inside rumour in one of the threads here before the announcement of SIGN that mentioned two manufactured albums, orange and green with similar covers. That's green for you.

As for the second album, Saddam said there are two albums ready when he was chatting extensively on mixlr earlier this year.

Cheers for the straightforward answer!

rumors are since the orange is October for Halloween, green is due in December as the first official Autechre Christmas Album. they’re trying to get in on those big holiday bucks, can’t blame them tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
3 minutes ago, auxien said:

rumors are since the orange is October for Halloween, green is due in December as the first official Autechre Christmas Album. they’re trying to get in on those big holiday bucks, can’t blame them tbh. 

tumblr_mb28wxuMGc1rhj4ggo1_1280.png.846cb22795357ea0ad64d338afb0bd10.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
38 minutes ago, Eggy Toast said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how are you people managing to listen again to 'Signs'?

Edited by misuta Go

So glad I can listen to Signs again by Oh, Techre! Fantastic being able to have the ability to listen to it again and again at my own convenience.

• Farnsworth 1