Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

Lot of AE fanboys here, just like our beloved twoism 😈

I think that this album will have more in common with Oversteps (both have circles), but let's wait until we can hear something.

Congrats to Rob & Sean

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 1

I just wonder, if October is the prime month of the year to release an album?

Maybe it should've been released earlier like during summer?

I can't remember what Sean sort of announced during mixlr sesh, whas this even imminent? 

Edited by Adamovich
1 hour ago, IOS said:

is it a noun or a verb in the imperative?

yes

🙂

1 hour ago, IOS said:

Like, does it imply a musical sign or a mathematical sign OOOR does it command someone to like "DO IT! SIGN HERE MOFO!" with the anger of John Malkovich in Burn After Reading.

naw, i'm betting it's all just covers of this track

i mean just listen to that techno beat at the beginning

and those lyrics that tell the story of young AE as outcasts, just can't fit in

🙂

but really, might also be a slight nod to graffiti/tagging. signing your work.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ignatius said:

anyone think we get an EP in february/march?

I suspect there'll be a Red E to complement the A. Don't know when, though.

I hope one of them at least glances at this thread and grins, then has a good chuckle at how much this subset of people nerds out over their stuff.

Wore my AELIVENA shirt to work today without knowing about this album's announcement, what a nice coincidence.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, xy_politics said:

S(19) + I(9) + G(7) = 35 = L (12) + P (16) + C (3) + D (4)

N = 14 = (catalogue no) 3+2+9

Continuing with the numerological Mystic Meg routine, I hereby announce with absolute certainty that the accompanying EP to SIGN will be called AKIN

As well as that, the tormented limbo-specter of Herman Cain tells me that Joe Biden will be struck by "lightning" on the very same day it is released

Edited by xy_politics
1 hour ago, Diurn said:

Lot of AE fanboys here, just like our beloved twoism 😈

I think that this album will have more in common with Oversteps (both have circles), but let's wait until we can hear something.

Congrats to Rob & Sean

I dream about a really liquid/cosmic album like the first part of the nts 4 or the last onesixlive but with huge melodies like oversteps

2 minutes ago, pikkio said:

I dream about a really liquid/cosmic album like the first part of the nts 4 or the last onesixlive but with huge melodies like oversteps

I would like a couple of the tracks to overlap with OneSix, maybe vaguely? There's something about the OneSix material that feels like it might still be evolving (as evidenced by the 2018 sets). It seems alive and some of it feels, in a really vague way admittedly, like it's suggesting something. There's something expectant about it. That plus the similarity in shape in artwork makes me think (or at least wonder) if there will be a whisper of overlap. If so, I hope it is subtle, but I'd dig it.

16 minutes ago, pikkio said:

plz

CD pre-ordered.

I live 2 hours from the nearest regional city in Far North Queensland, so I assume my CD will be the earliest dispatched for its long epic Covid-addled journey. Same weekend as the AFL Preliminary Finals.

this is fantastic news!!! i'm just about to get a new record player with a hi-fi setup - looks like i get to hear this on brand new wax 😎🥳🤯🤣🙃 shout-out to the bro boothers for this amazing treat, and for delivering awesome music on a consistent and regular basis for three decades!!!

11 hours ago, eclipsis said:

This might be the best artwork they had in years! Also shorter more focused album?!! How cool is that?

11 hours ago, YELLOW said:

Preordered also! I’m pretty excited for what is probably a more focused, shorter album 

^^particularly hyped for this

• Like 1