18 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

lol wat

i bot it

Damn such a consumerist 

how dare you grease the wheels of capitalism by purchasing this music lol

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, auxien said:

liner notes will mention that it’s incomplete if not blasted out of speakers into an empty parking garage

lol

i meant that as a neutral observation btw. an interesting point of difference between say Oversteps and especially Quaristice, which are both pretty wet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

not a lot of reverb on this album

I’d say probably no conventional reverbs at all!

they probably use only amplitude envelopes and release phases of synthesis as a substitute for reverb = greater control

Or, synths and pitch-able/tunable reverbs are under the same umbrella envelope

#maxmsp

Edited by xox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

not a lot of reverb on this album

It's for the last track to work (i personally hated that reverb turn they took after Untilted, it's such a boring experienced producer thing to do)

• Like 1

They should title the next one "ificant" as in "that would be significantly stupid and I do not wish for them to do things like that" 

Or it could be a collection of remixes called "re-sign" as in "I resign from making silly predictions". 

2 minutes ago, apriorion said:

They should title the next one "ificant" as in "that would be significantly stupid and I do not wish for them to do things like that" 

Or it could be a collection of remixes called "re-sign" as in "I resign from making silly predictions". 

It's named SIGN as in ABBREVIATION, no atures and ificants for you dyslexicians!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

It's named SIGN as in ABBREVIATION, no atures and ificants for you dyslexicians!

“Hey Rob what should we name this album?“

“Sorry, I Got Nothin”

Edited by baph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 9/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, Roo said:

SIGNature

A green album? Nature? The digital signature Nfinito era?

tks Sean B.eat & l'ush Robkim

Only about 5-6 weeks and 100 pages late Mr William Fields

• Haha 1

After the stream, my first thought was, it was all a bit pat. Easy chords, little progression, easy to assimilate, no space time bending (especially after stuff like xflood, violvoic and eO thanks NTS2), except for M4 Lema perhaps.

Anyway I've listened one or two times a day since then in different settings and *surprise!* I was not correct. The more I listen the more incorrect I become, it keeps revealing new stuff every time.

One of the first things that struck me was taking on the mood of it, just appreciating it for what it is. And like aux says not being disappointed that it isn't what I had expected.

The next thing was noticing a lot more progression under the surface, and stuff that I don't think I've heard in Autechre before - for instance in the last minute of gr4, the arpeggios that are like the bed of the track switch to some chords that are the most open and openly pretty sequence I think I've heard in ae.

Anyway I'm p much lovins it, pretty addictive too.

That said I'm looking forward to spacetime bending bangers on the next one, expecting a contrasting vibe.

I'm not looking forward to reading this in the morning and thinking what a load of wank I've written. Hey ho.

• Like 8

I’ve seen or two people really loving psin AM. What is about this kindofa track that is getting people super happy? Genuinely curious. I can see the chords are nicely moody, and I like the dark sci-fi aesthetic. But I can only hear about 3 elements, and it feels like if it were on any Autechre prior these would be half the track and there’d be other details taking things further (I hear huge synth chords, which to be fair are a bit elastic, some other quieter synth flickers that I recognise from the NTS ssssions, and a really muted kick drum.)

Not that a track can’t be awesome with so few elements. I’ve loved many a piece just for solo voice. But really wasn’t expecting an album this minimal, and listening to this with a friend in the car again tonight brought that home by their reaction! (They’re relatively open to “weird” music.)

Some of my friends who don’t usually like Autechre actually loved Oversteps. I’ve heard it said this would be another good one for new listeners, but to me its restraint and seeming emptiness would make it a hard entry point. I may not be hearing right, though; so many here are talking of burired details. I only notice that in about 3 tracks so far...

Edited by Lianne