IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

6 minutes ago, wredny said:

OMG. The mainstream. The whole review is invalid: Auf ihrem neuen Album "Sign" 

Once again the journo wrote about Seanyrob sharing "code". Yeah. Like they are writing their own software. Yes of course.
I know you hate me but well... they're most likely using a DAW and all those fancy VST instruments and FX. And just share files, stems, whatever, just like anybody else. Maybe some scripting and coding in Max but hey. Too much of this would be highly inefficient.

hate me now. pls.

Edited by Guest

oh je.

lol @ "sounds like aphex twin in 2000". both well-meant tho, i guess. pitchfork pls.

3 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

So I guess I'm having a listening sesh today!

IMG_0516.jpg

fucking hell where's mine? guess the shirt's slowing things down... is there really some indication for another volume on the artwork?? XP

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

fucking hell where's mine? guess the shirt's slowing things down... is there really some indication for another volume on the artwork?? XP

nah, not really

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

OMG. The mainstream. The whole review is invalid: Auf ihrem neuen Album "Sign" 

Once again the journo wrote about Seanyrob sharing "code". Yeah. Like they are writing their own software. Yes of course.
I know you hate me but well... they're most likely using a DAW and all those fancy VST instruments and FX. And just share files, stems, whatever, just like anybody else. Maybe some scripting and coding in Max but hey. Too much of this would be highly inefficient.

hate me now. pls.

it's not like they're the only ppl in the world who make their music mostly/primarily in a visual coding language or whatever vOv ain't so farfetched. i won't complain if they're not above using a VST now and then but they've been messing with kit for so many years, it's doubtful they much feel the need to take shortcuts

25 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

oh je.

lol @ "sounds like aphex twin in 2000". both well-meant tho, i guess. pitchfork pls.

Yeah! Do you think the tshirt is slowing the stuff? Mine hasn't been posted yet... Can't wait to get it in my greasy hands and compare how different it sounds from the headphone experience so far. 

Man... si00 opended up so much for me yesterday. It was like a clam. Soft & wet. The skeletal percussion & underlying menacing bass was a real emotional fuckery! Why are you playing with my emotions Autechre? 

35 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

Anyone wants the download code? There was a card. Not sure why it's included as the digital vinylz have been added automatically after the stream.

They usually ship with card as standard, for those who like to purchase from a record store....

Pretty cool that you got your copy already in Czech land, nothing here in the UK!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wredny said:

Yeah! Do you think the tshirt is slowing the stuff? Mine hasn't been posted yet... Can't wait to get it in my greasy hands and compare how different it sounds from the headphone experience so far. 

Man... si00 opended up so much for me yesterday. It was like a clam. Soft & wet. The skeletal percussion & underlying menacing bass was a real emotional fuckery! Why are you playing with my emotions Autechre? 

Received shipping confirmation yesterday so there’s no problem with the Shirts

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

They usually ship with card as standard, for those who like to purchase from a record store....

Oh yeah, that makes sense, lol.

10 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Pretty cool that you got your copy already in Czech land, nothing here in the UK!

Huh, that's weird.

Edited by eclipsis

On 10/9/2020 at 4:33 AM, thegirlnextdoor said:

it's the letter a 

Second LP, the green one will be the letter e 

you read it here first 

Screenshot_20201008-162903__01.jpg

also feel like the title is a reference to sean, whereas the green one will be a reference to rob - maybe it’ll be called “rae” or something...  :psyduck:

3 hours ago, scumtron said:

WTF. I guess he wants to get away from all the fans, paparazzi and the British tabloid press linking him to Pippa Middleton and Katie Price. Now he has found solitude in some small Norwegian community, where he can walk around like a normal man, and spends his time hiking in the forest and mountains.  But then some day, a strange creepy looking guy (that's me), stands outside the small hobbit-like hut he is renting, screaming "SEAN PLS!" Neighbors notice my AE-covid mask, and starts googling. Suddenly people realize they have an international techno star living in THEIR village! Busloads of fans comes from towns from Hammerfest to Mandal, there are AE-tribute rave parties followed by riots, chaos and a second covid wave. Norwegian tabloid press starts linking Sean to Martha Louise and Rachel Nordtømme. People are hammering at Seans door all night screaming things like “will there be another Dual Purpose release?” and “do you know what Pule means in Norwegian?”. And then Sean thinks “fuck it”, goas back to Manchester and starts working on the follow up GNIS. 

Well I guess this could be the reason why Sean gave the interviewer strict instructs on writing “an undisclosed location” in the article ?  

(Pls, do not disturb Sean while he's on his well deserved holiday, he really needs all the rest he can get now)  

(btw, thanks for the laugh fellow norseman ? I thought I was Norway's most dedicated fÆn boi, but seems I might have met my superior!)

Edited by naawRaybarn
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, fumi said:

After so many years in the business, I thought AE would have learnt how it's really done by now.

You see, it's about how to get the vibe going......

this is so sexually embarrassing 

I have the impression (but I could tell the evidence) that they feel the need to firmly take over the reins of the composition. A piece like r cazt (just to quote the most obvious case), in its limpid minimalism, can only be the result of direct decisions, not an upstream research on algorithmic probabilities.

Perhaps the reverse logo (substantiated by the cover that features the "e" and not the "a", which is assumed to come in succession - therefore the possible proof that we will have a second album with the "a" and in a short time) more than a return to the origins in stylistic terms, it could wink at a return to a more direct compositional approach.

And although I confirm the impression that Sign is held on safe territory, by the hour, by the day, it is growing in me. Practically the Ae phenomenon, but without necessarily going through the settling phase.
I'm curious to see what my perception will be in a month.

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

Man I gotta stop reading this thread. 

So many conspiracy theories, even more than usual.

It's a lush album. What I wanted from them. I'm happy. Metaz form8 is the lushest thing they've made in years. M4 lema is their best album opener since Altibzz imo. 

The artwork is sick imo. The a and e shapes overlaid. Love tDR's typography experiments.

I caved and bought the vinyl after hearing it on the stream. So now I'll have both vinyl and CD..

• Like 5