Jump to content

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

1 hour ago, naawRaybarn said:

Hey, wait, what?? What is Sean doing here in Norway? Hiking in the mountains? Fishing? Rock climbing? Scouting after new venues for holding gigs in? Guess we'll never find out 🤔

WTF. I guess he wants to get away from all the fans, paparazzi and the British tabloid press linking him to Pippa Middleton and Katie Price. Now he has found solitude in some small Norwegian community, where he can walk around like a normal man, and spends his time hiking in the forest and mountains.  But then some day, a strange creepy looking guy (that's me), stands outside the small hobbit-like hut he is renting, screaming "SEAN PLS!" Neighbors notice my AE-covid mask, and starts googling. Suddenly people realize they have an international techno star living in THEIR village! Busloads of fans comes from towns from Hammerfest to Mandal, there are AE-tribute rave parties followed by riots, chaos and a second covid wave. Norwegian tabloid press starts linking Sean to Martha Louise and Rachel Nordtømme. People are hammering at Seans door all night screaming things like “will there be another Dual Purpose release?” and “do you know what Pule means in Norwegian?”. And then Sean thinks “fuck it”, goas back to Manchester and starts working on the follow up GNIS. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wredny said:

OMG. The mainstream. The whole review is invalid: Auf ihrem neuen Album "Sign" 

Once again the journo wrote about Seanyrob sharing "code". Yeah. Like they are writing their own software. Yes of course.
I know you hate me but well... they're most likely using a DAW and all those fancy VST instruments and FX. And just share files, stems, whatever, just like anybody else. Maybe some scripting and coding in Max but hey. Too much of this would be highly inefficient.

hate me now. pls.

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites

oh je.

lol @ "sounds like aphex twin in 2000". both well-meant tho, i guess. pitchfork pls.

3 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

So I guess I'm having a listening sesh today!

IMG_0516.jpg

fucking hell where's mine? guess the shirt's slowing things down... is there really some indication for another volume on the artwork?? XP

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

fucking hell where's mine? guess the shirt's slowing things down... is there really some indication for another volume on the artwork?? XP

nah, not really

 

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

OMG. The mainstream. The whole review is invalid: Auf ihrem neuen Album "Sign" 

Once again the journo wrote about Seanyrob sharing "code". Yeah. Like they are writing their own software. Yes of course.
I know you hate me but well... they're most likely using a DAW and all those fancy VST instruments and FX. And just share files, stems, whatever, just like anybody else. Maybe some scripting and coding in Max but hey. Too much of this would be highly inefficient.

hate me now. pls.

it's not like they're the only ppl in the world who make their music mostly/primarily in a visual coding language or whatever vOv ain't so farfetched. i won't complain if they're not above using a VST now and then but they've been messing with kit for so many years, it's doubtful they much feel the need to take shortcuts

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

M4 Lema feels like a continuation/more epic version of Cep puiqMX (fractured hip hop beats + lush reverberant chords)

yes, my first thought too 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

oh je.

lol @ "sounds like aphex twin in 2000". both well-meant tho, i guess. pitchfork pls.

fucking hell where's mine? guess the shirt's slowing things down... is there really some indication for another volume on the artwork?? XP

Yeah! Do you think the tshirt is slowing the stuff? Mine hasn't been posted yet... Can't wait to get it in my greasy hands and compare how different it sounds from the headphone experience so far. 

Man... si00 opended up so much for me yesterday. It was like a clam. Soft & wet. The skeletal percussion & underlying menacing bass was a real emotional fuckery! Why are you playing with my emotions Autechre? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

Anyone wants the download code? There was a card. Not sure why it's included as the digital vinylz have been added automatically after the stream.

They usually ship with card as standard, for those who like to purchase from a record store....

Pretty cool that you got your copy already in Czech land, nothing here in the UK!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wredny said:

Yeah! Do you think the tshirt is slowing the stuff? Mine hasn't been posted yet... Can't wait to get it in my greasy hands and compare how different it sounds from the headphone experience so far. 

Man... si00 opended up so much for me yesterday. It was like a clam. Soft & wet. The skeletal percussion & underlying menacing bass was a real emotional fuckery! Why are you playing with my emotions Autechre? 

Received shipping confirmation yesterday so there’s no problem with the Shirts

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

They usually ship with card as standard, for those who like to purchase from a record store....

Oh yeah, that makes sense, lol.

10 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Pretty cool that you got your copy already in Czech land, nothing here in the UK!

Huh, that's weird.

Edited by eclipsis
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 4:33 AM, thegirlnextdoor said:

it's the letter a 

Second LP, the green one will be the letter e 

you read it here first 

Screenshot_20201008-162903__01.jpg

also feel like the title is a reference to sean, whereas the green one will be a reference to rob - maybe it’ll be called “rae” or something...  :psyduck:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scumtron said:

WTF. I guess he wants to get away from all the fans, paparazzi and the British tabloid press linking him to Pippa Middleton and Katie Price. Now he has found solitude in some small Norwegian community, where he can walk around like a normal man, and spends his time hiking in the forest and mountains.  But then some day, a strange creepy looking guy (that's me), stands outside the small hobbit-like hut he is renting, screaming "SEAN PLS!" Neighbors notice my AE-covid mask, and starts googling. Suddenly people realize they have an international techno star living in THEIR village! Busloads of fans comes from towns from Hammerfest to Mandal, there are AE-tribute rave parties followed by riots, chaos and a second covid wave. Norwegian tabloid press starts linking Sean to Martha Louise and Rachel Nordtømme. People are hammering at Seans door all night screaming things like “will there be another Dual Purpose release?” and “do you know what Pule means in Norwegian?”. And then Sean thinks “fuck it”, goas back to Manchester and starts working on the follow up GNIS. 

Well I guess this could be the reason why Sean gave the interviewer strict instructs on writing “an undisclosed location” in the article 😅  

(Pls, do not disturb Sean while he's on his well deserved holiday, he really needs all the rest he can get now)  

 

(btw, thanks for the laugh fellow norseman 😄 I thought I was Norway's most dedicated fÆn boi, but seems I might have met my superior!)

Edited by naawRaybarn
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...