IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Send a mail to Blerp, customer support is on point.

i'll try to clean it up properly first, the grooves might be dirty... but yeah, when i received warped NTS sessions discs they immediately sent a new batch to me

• Like 1

I liked the Allmusic review; it seemed balanced in noticing a stylistic change, but not setting the new work against the old as if this change were some kind of “relief.” A sensible, sober piece of writing that actually refers to the sonics, respects what has gone before and is cautiously positive about where SIGN is taking us. ?

Edited by Lianne

did some thorough cleaning of the discs in an antistat bath and now it sounds good, yay! i wonder where the hell did they store teh vinylz that cleaning is required for them to be listenable

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kieselguhr kid said:

review on The Quietus

Good review. Quoting for truth:

There’s always been a human hand guiding this music.

This is an intrinsic part of Autechre’s appeal. Even the most mechanoid tunes have something soulful at their centres. There’s that moment towards the end of ‘Cichli’, a celebrated track off 1997’s Chiastic Slide album, where the granular chaos of the rhythm lifts away to reveal a gorgeous floating melody buried deep within it. It’s like the clouds of a storm parting and the sun shining through. Even the most abstruse tunes on NTS Sessions have something human at the heart of them, and this is what Autechre fans live for: that moment when it all clicks into place, your ears focus like the aural equivalent of one of those old magic eye pictures.

• Thanks 1

I like the quietus review. As a hardcore fanboi for +20 years I should have been in heaven for the last couple of years. Five elseqs? 8 hrs of NTS? 35 live albums the last five years? But it’s just too much for me to grasp. It must be around 50 hrs of mostly noisy, erratic, sprawling wall of sounds. Like the IDM-version of my kids birthdays. I’m old now. I like more mellow, lush soundscapes. More Bladelores, less Fleure. More Surripere less P.:NTIL.

So, I’m stoked AF for tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misuta Go said:

"Of course, it can take a bit of work and some deep listening to get there. But what if those layers were to be peeled back? What if we didn’t have to wade through hours of fractal rough to uncover those hidden gems of pure machine-funk beauty? What if the melody on Confield’s ‘Pen Expers’ wasn’t obscured by what sounds like coins being sucked into a giant vacuum cleaner? What if ‘6IE.CR’ on Draft7.30 were just the pads and not the cyborgs?"

~ my problem with SIGN exactly ~

So, what if Autechre wasn't Autechre?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tailings said:

So, what if Autechre wasn't Autechre?

what do you mean? if SIGN wasn't Ae i wouldn't give a flying fuck.
now i know, because the are brilliant, that they are behind this release 1000%, but i' m just not there, maybe next time.

32 minutes ago, scumtron said:

I’m old now. I like more mellow, lush soundscapes. More Bladelores, less Fleure. More Surripere less P.:NTIL.

i' m old now, but in the absolute opposite spot. i' m a data whore, what can i say? i despise all things "accesible"...

• Like 2

r cazt is absolute AE to the nth degree. patented Autechre closer sound. immaculate piece of music

also it sounds like they’re using hardware in places on this album. has this been mentioned anywhere? don’t think it has in what i’ve read

Edited by auxien
  • Like 3

On 10/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, naawRaybarn said:

Hey, wait, what?? What is Sean doing here in Norway? Hiking in the mountains? Fishing? Rock climbing? Scouting after new venues for holding gigs in? Guess we'll never find out ?

Sean Is Gone Norway

Rob Is Stay Bristol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, naawRaybarn said:

Hey, wait, what?? What is Sean doing here in Norway? Hiking in the mountains? Fishing? Rock climbing? Scouting after new venues for holding gigs in? Guess we'll never find out ?

Ice fishing with Tom Jenkinson

14 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Putting that north face gear to use hiking the wilderness 

Soil his high fashion?  Surely not.  If he's hiking I'm sure he has on his Fortuny, not his North Face.

I’m happy they didn’t make another 8 hour art installation. I barely listened to elseq or NTS sessions because it was more like Ae wallpaper than an album I can pay attention to. I can’t absorb that at all. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Burger 1

this album has some really pretty spectrograms. i love the harmonic fluctuations in metaz form8:

metaz5.gif.b96f6c773c430319e8ebaa3bea110bd6.gif

Edited by Boxus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1