Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

22 minutes ago, tailings said:

Not that it's super important, but you do realize my comment was in reference to a specific critique of my earlier perception of the album and >not< a statement about COVID denial.

oh of course yeah, wasn’t meaning it towards you. was referencing a certain other major IDM producer WATMM is a fan of that is a COVID denier apparently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Lianne said:

Unfortunately tinnitus also provides “surface noise” for all listening...but usually not if the soft-vinyl variety!

at least you can listen to tri rep without having to own a turntable for the "complete" experience 🙂

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Lianne said:

Unfortunately tinnitus also provides “surface noise” for all listening...but usually not if the soft-vinyl variety!

You know what's great to have a tinnitus? Ventolin becomes just a pleasent listening... 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i only listen to music in scientific environments. the first thing i do is request that the mayor shut down the city, so as to eliminate the intrusive sounds from my surroundings. next i assassinate the local wildlife as they are known to produce unwanted sounds. then i go into my anechoic chamber where i have my cloud and drive set up so that i can listen to "digital vinyls," a medium so flawless christ himself is like "hey dad send me down there again i want to check out digitals." in this way i experience the most proper, efficient, convenient, superior, immaculate hearings and receivings of sound.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, Alcofribas said:

i only listen to music in scientific environments. the first thing i do is request that the mayor shut down the city, so as to eliminate the intrusive sounds from my surroundings. next i assassinate the local wildlife as they are known to produce unwanted sounds. then i go into my anechoic chamber where i have my cloud and drive set up so that i can listen to "digital vinyls," a medium so flawless christ himself is like "hey dad send me down there again i want to check out digitals." in this way i experience the most proper, efficient, convenient, superior, immaculate hearings and receivings of sound.

is your copy of digi-vinylz ok tho?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, natios said:

"initialization: the preparation of a computer or similar device for operation, in which diagnostic tests are run and the operating system is loaded" so a sign of things to come, rob just doesnt want to tell what is coming...

Or he just meant to say "acronym" or "initialism" instead and had a mental blank..

1 hour ago, eclipsis said:

to me it's an artefact, a physical representation of the music, i enjoy the ritual of sitting back and putting the needle on the record and listen, (to me) it's a very different experience than mp3/flac/whatever due to those reasons... still, i do listen to digital maybe 95 % of the time because of the convenience

then there's a collector mentality, as i music nerd, i just like to have them and look at them i guess

This is it for me. Also I have some fantasy in my head that the records will wear down a bit and start to sound like a well played 70s/80s synth album or something lol. Then again, I had that fantasy with Oversteps and I've only played it once.

Could always flip it on discogs for 4x the price in a couple of years.. 🤔

Edited by modey

13 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

vinyl arrived today, evening schedule set.

let me know if you have any issues with the pressing pls

i've checked the discs again and i don't see a single scratch, that's actually not a good sign (lol)

Ironically enough my vinyl copy of Tri Rep is probably the cleanest sounding LP I own.  

I got a dispatch notice on SIGN a couple days back but it’s still showing as “preshipment” on the tracking info, which puts it on the other side of the North American continent.  Bleep/Warp are always shit at logistics. 

10 hours ago, eclipsis said:

let me know if you have any issues with the pressing pls

i've checked the discs again and i don't see a single scratch, that's actually not a good sign (lol)

Send a mail to Blerp, customer support is on point.

Edited by d-a-m-o